Manager - Patient Flow & Capacity Management
LocationQueens, New York
Shift:Day Flex (United States of America)
Manager - Patient Flow
Impact the Big Picture
Bring your talents to New York’s #1-ranked hospital (U.S. News World Report), and drive the delivery of top-notch care for our patients. Build excellent leadership and administrative skills as you coordinate and facilitate the processes and activities that optimize patient flow and maximize capacity resulting in enhanced access to program and services for our patients. Join a dedicated team of caregivers responsible for collaborating with various disciplines throughout our hospital to coordinate and expedite the admission, transfer and discharge of our patients.
In this dynamic role you will fully supervise and direct select Quality PI data analytics design, development and implementation to support CMO and COO initiatives. In doing so, you will improve the experience of countless patients by decreasing the time to transfer patients to the next level of care including the transition to home or another facility. The role requires excellent communication and collaboration across all disciplines both within and outside of the institution. Ideal candidates welcome a challenge and thrive in team setting. This is an excellent opportunity to apply your problem solving and critical thinking skills in a new way and make tomorrow better for countless individuals.
- BS in Nursing or Management or Industrial Engineering (or equivalent through Green Belt Health Care Certification and experience).
- LEAN/Six Sigma Certification or equivalent.
- Minimum 3 years hospital or related healthcare experience.
- Excellent oral and written communications skills.
- Strong team building ability; effectively able to motivate, engage and encourage team participation.
- Experience in working collaboratively with broad range of hospital staff from front-line to executive and clinical leadership.
- Project management experience
- Familiarity with Hospital systems (Eagle, TSI, etc.) preferred
- Excel, PowerPoint, Access Database skills, Visio
Join a healthcare system where employee engagement is at an all-time high. Here we foster a culture respect, diversity, and inclusion. Enjoy comprehensive and competitive benefits that support you and your family in every aspect of life. Start your life-changing journey today.
- #1 in New York, "America's Best Hospitals 2019-2020." - U.S.News & World Report
- 2019 "Best Places to Work: Employee's Choice." - Glassdoor
- 2019 "Employees' Choice: Top CEOs" - Glassdoor
- 2019 "America's Best Employers in New York State" - Forbes
- 2019 "150 Top Places to Work in Healthcare." - Becker's Healthcare
- 2019 "Top-Rated Work Places: Best Hospitals" - Indeed
Discover why we're #1 in New York and a best employer at: nyp.org/careers
NewYork-Presbyterian Hospital is an equal opportunity employer.