Lab Technologist - Histotechnologist - Pathology Lab
LocationQueens, New York
Shift:Day (United States of America)
Lab Technologist - Pathology - Days
Laboratory Science Saves Lives:
Histotechnologists Make It Possible
The Pathology and Clinical Laboratories Department at NewYork-Presbyterian Queens are accredited by the American College of Pathologists, the New York State Department of Health and The Joint Commission and examine more than 22,000 surgical specimens, including 2,000 frozen sections and over 750 consultations from outside the institution annually. As one of the largest and busiest Anatomic Pathology labs in New York, we set the standard for our field, and provide our team with a high level of clinical interaction.
We are seeking a motivational grossing professional who is looking to take the next step in their career. We are seeking a motivational grossing professional who is looking to take the next step in their career. Perform all routine procedures as a Histotechnologist to include accessioning of specimens, grossing, embedding, cutting, staining, cover slipping, labeling and distribution using state-of-the-art equipment.
This is a full time, day shift position at NYP Queens.
- At least one year experience in Histology
- Experience with special staining procedures
- Bachelor’s degree (or equivalent experience)
- New York State Clinical Laboratory Technologist licensure from the New York Education department or certified as a Histology Technician, Clinical Laboratory Technician or Clinical Laboratory Technologist
Join a hospital where employee engagement is at an all-time high. Enjoy competitive compensation along with benefits such as tuition reimbursement, hospital retirement contributions, and financial planning assistance. Start your life-changing journey today.
- #1 in New York, "America's Best Hospitals 2017-2018." - U.S.News & World Report
- 2019 "Best Places to Work: Employee's Choice." - Glassdoor
- 2018 "Employees' Choice: Top CEOs" - Glassdoor
- 2018 “America’s Best Employers.” - Forbes
- 2018 "150 Top Places to Work in Healthcare." - Becker's Healthcare
- 2018 "Top-Rated Work Places: Best Hospitals" - Indeed
Discover why we're #1 in New York and a best employer at: nyp.org/careers
NewYork-Presbyterian Hospital is an equal opportunity employer.