General Lab Supervisor - Part Time - Weekends
LocationQueens, New York
Shift:Weekends (United States of America)
General Lab Supervisor
Laboratory Science Saves Lives:
General Laboratory Supervisor - Part Time - Weekends
At NewYork-Presbyterian Queens, Laboratory Technologists are redefining the limits of science and medicine. We study some of the most complex and rarely seen medical conditions - with unmatched energy and expertise. Join our team as a General Laboratory Supervisor.
As the General Chemistry Lab Supervisor at NewYork-Presbyterian Queens, you will oversee the daily operations of the Hematology, Special Hematology, Urinalysis and Coagulation
Chemistry, Microbiology, Blood Bank, Histology, Cytology Laboratories, Central Processing Staff and Phlebotomy.
Take on this important role that maintains a daily schedule of personnel to ensure all sections of the laboratory are adequately staffed. Oversees laboratory staff in the performance of qualitative and quantitative test procedures. Acts as reference source for technologists in the correlation of test data. Implements solutions to problems in processing and delivering highly accurate patient data. Participates in QA/QC concerns, which relate to result data delivery and patient care. Participates in the orientation and training of staff. Acts as contact person for calls from nursing units and physicians. Tracks and responds to questions relating to testing procedures and results. Here you'll have an opportunity to work with nationally accredited colleagues and contribute to lifesaving results.
- Masters degree
- ASCP certification
- Bachelor’s degree
- New York State Clinical Laboratory Technologist license from the NY Education Department
- 6 years clinical laboratory experience, of which 3 years are as a supervisor
Join a healthcare system where employee engagement is at an all-time high. Here we foster a culture respect, diversity, and inclusion. Enjoy comprehensive and competitive benefits that support you and your family in every aspect of life. Start your life-changing journey today.
- #1 in New York, "America's Best Hospitals 2019-2020." - U.S.News & World Report
- 2019 "Best Places to Work: Employee's Choice." - Glassdoor
- 2019 "Employees' Choice: Top CEOs" - Glassdoor
- 2019 "America's Best Employers in New York State" - Forbes
- 2019 "150 Top Places to Work in Healthcare." - Becker's Healthcare
- 2019 "Top-Rated Work Places: Best Hospitals" - Indeed
Discover why we're #1 in New York and a best employer at: nyp.org/careers
NewYork-Presbyterian Hospital is an equal opportunity employer.