Fire Safety Specialist
LocationQueens, New York
Shift:Day (United States of America)
The Fire Safety Specialist acts as an in-house consultant on fire safety, and enforcing related regulations. Supervises and advises on the required activities by security in the completion of required fire drills.
In this role, the Fire Safety Specialist will be responsible for the following under the direction of the regulatory compliance director:
- Monitors hospitals compliance with Federal state local and all regulatory agencies concerning issues of hospital fire safety.
- Advises leadership on code deficiencies that may affect services.
- Assists departments with development and implementation of corrective action plans or projects designed to bring the hospital into compliance.
- Coordination with site Facilities Operations Director/Manager in addressing day-to-day activities/functions that may impact fire/life safety including notification for the impairment of fire protection/life safety systems.
- Ensures compliance with applicable federal, state and local regulations including the NYS-DOH, CMS, The Joint Commission, OSHA, FDNY and the NFPA Life Safety Code.
- Certificate of Fitness Fire/Life Safety Director
- Bachelor’s degree or high School Diploma with equivalent in experience
- Five years’ experience in a Healthcare environment or a fire-protection-related field
- Thorough knowledge of Joint Commission standards, NFPA standards, NYC Fire Department Directives, NYC Fire and Building Codes and OSHA regulations
- Strong computer skills and familiarity with word processing, database management and spreadsheet development
- Strong analytical, organizational and interpersonal skills
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Fire Safety and Emergency Response experience
Join a hospital where employee engagement is at an all-time high. Enjoy competitive compensation along with benefits such as tuition reimbursement, hospital retirement contributions, and financial planning assistance. Start your life-changing journey today.
- #1 in New York, "America's Best Hospitals 2019-2020." - U.S.News & World Report
- 2019 "Best Places to Work: Employee's Choice." - Glassdoor
- 2019 "Employees' Choice: Top CEOs" - Glassdoor
- 2019 "America's Best Employers in New York State" - Forbes
- 2019 "150 Top Places to Work in Healthcare." - Becker's Healthcare
- 2018 "Top-Rated Work Places: Best Hospitals" - Indeed
Discover why we're #1 in New York and a best employer at: nyp.org/careers
NewYork-Presbyterian Hospital is an equal opportunity employer.