Dosimetrist - Radiation Oncology - Full Time
LocationQueens, New York
Shift:Day (United States of America)
Dosimetrist- Radiation Oncology-Full Time
Join the team at NewYork-Presbyterian Queens, located in Flushing, New York, which is a community teaching hospital affiliated with Weill Cornell Medicine, serving Queens and metro New York residents. The 535-bed tertiary care facility provides services in 14 clinical departments and numerous sub-specialties. Annually, 15,000 surgeries and 4,000 infant deliveries are performed at NewYork-Presbyterian Queens. With its network of affiliated primary and multi-specialty care physician practices and community-based health centers, the hospital provides approximately 162,000 ambulatory care visits and 124,000 emergency service visits annually. We are verified as a Level I Trauma Center by New York State and by the American College of Surgeons (ACS).
At NewYork-Presbyterian Queens, our Radiation Oncology Department provides a comprehensive program of cancer services in a comfortable environment that is close to home for Queens’s residents. At this time, we are seeking a skilled certified dosimetrist to join an expanding department. Step into a patient-focused, high-tech environment offering leading edge technology. In this role, you will actively participate in planning patients treatments on Eclipse planning system as well as Pinnacle, image fusion using Velocity, related planning reviews, dosimetry, calculations etc.
This is a Full Time Position in Flushing, Queens.
- Bachelors in Health Science or Physics.
- C.M.D. certification
- Knowledge of Eclipse, Pinnacle, RadCalc, Mosaiq, Velocity software.
- Thorough knowledge of the principles and practices of treatment planning and dosimetry including SBRT, SRS, VMAT, IMRT and 3D, gained through at least 3 years’ experience as a certified dosimetrist.
Join a healthcare system where employee engagement is at an all-time high. Here we foster a culture of respect, diversity, and inclusion. Enjoy comprehensive and competitive benefits that support you and your family in every aspect of life. Start your life-changing journey today.
- 2021 "Employees' Choice Awards: Best Places to Work" - Glassdoor
- 2021 " Best Workplaces in Health Care & Biopharma" - Fortune
- 2020 "America's Best Employers in New York State" - Forbes
- 2020 "Working Mother 100 Best Companies" - Working Mother
- 2020 "Best Companies for Multicultural Women" - Working Mother
- 2020 "Best Workplace for Men in Nursing" - American Association for Men in Nursing
- Discover why at: nyp.org/careers
NewYork-Presbyterian Hospital is an equal opportunity employer.
It all begins with you. Our amazing compensation packages start with competitive base pay and include recognition for your experience, education, and licensure. Then we add our amazing benefits, countless opportunities for personal and professional growth and a dynamic environment that embraces every person. Join our team and discover where amazing works.