Documentation Improvement Specialist - NYP-Queens
LocationNew York, New York
Shift:Day (United States of America)
Documentation Improvement Specialist - NYP/Queens
The Documentation Improvement Specialist is responsible for facilitating improvement of medical record documentation by concurrent and retrospective interventions and interactions with, as well as the provision of education to physicians, residents, and other licensed independent practitioners. Develops process to identify opportunities for documentation improvement, intervene with attending physicians, residents, and physician extenders, in order to facilitate improvement in medical record documentation. Provides routine in-services to assigned clinical areas/Service Lines regarding regulatory documentation requirements including feedback on the impact of clinician documentation on Service Line metrics. Initiates and maintains records and databases to quantify the deficits, the interventions, and their impact. Conducts successful interventions related to documentation improvement and ensures follow through with all recommendations. Identifies, investigates, and evaluates practices and processes to facilitate continuous improvement in complete and accurate medical record documentation.
This is full time hybrid / remote day position (8:00 am - 4:00 pm), located at NewYork-Presbyterian / Queens
- Registered Nurse with 2 years of CDI experience
- Bachelor’s Degree in Nursing
- Current Registered Nurse, Nurse Practitioner or Physician Assistant license highly preferred
- Bachelor's degree
- Registered Nurse, Nurse Practitioner, Occupational Therapist, Physical Therapist, Physician Assistant or trained Physician background
- 5 years of recent hospital experience and/or verifiable Documentation Improvement experience
- Experience in an Electronic Medical Record (EMR)environment
Join a healthcare system where employee engagement is at an all-time high. Here we foster a culture of respect, diversity, and inclusion. Enjoy comprehensive and competitive benefits that support you and your family in every aspect of life. Start your life-changing journey today.
- 2021 "Employees' Choice Awards: Best Places to Work" - Glassdoor
- 2021 " Best Workplaces in Health Care & Biopharma" - Fortune
- 2020 "America's Best Employers in New York State" - Forbes
- 2020 "Working Mother 100 Best Companies" - Working Mother
- 2020 "Best Companies for Multicultural Women" - Working Mother
- 2020 "Best Workplace for Men in Nursing" - American Association for Men in Nursing
- Discover why at: nyp.org/careers
NewYork-Presbyterian Hospital is an equal opportunity employer.
It all begins with you. Our amazing compensation packages start with competitive base pay and include recognition for your experience, education, and licensure. Then we add our amazing benefits, countless opportunities for personal and professional growth and a dynamic environment that embraces every person. Join our team and discover where amazing works.