Director, Quality, Patient Safety and Regulatory Affairs
LocationQueens, New York
Shift:Day (United States of America)
Discover Where Amazing Works
At NewYork-Presbyterian Queens, a 535-bed academic tertiary care, four star CMS ranked and Top 250 US hospital (healthgrades), we are passionate about providing the highest quality care to New York City’s most culturally diverse borough. Located in Flushing, New York, patients do not have to leave their neighborhood to access outstanding care from Weill Cornell Medicine Physicians.
Director of Quality, Patient Safety and Regulatory Affairs
In this role, the Director for Quality, Patient Safety and Regulatory Affairs is responsible for ongoing development of the quality and patient safety improvement program, overseeing implementation of strategies to improve health care delivery processes, regulatory activities, and other quality and patient safety initiatives. The Director will work directly with the hospital’s Chief Medical Officer in the development of process improvement strategies, training, and capacity building across the hospital. Also responsible to organize, manage and facilitate programmatic initiatives to support continuous hospital-wide Joint Commission and other standards compliance and survey readiness. Ensures quality, patient safety, regulatory and accreditation activities to support goals of the Hospital and meet external requirements for continuous accreditation.
- Advanced degree in healthcare (MBA, MHA, MPH, MSN)
- Bachelor’s degree in nursing or other allied health related field
- Five years of experience in quality or patient safety or accreditation is required.
- Professional licenses, certificates, affiliations.
- Minimum knowledge of position’s principles, techniques, practices and procedures, skills and prior experience required to perform the job. Includes: machinery, tools or equipment used; physical demands; unusual working conditions.
Join a healthcare system where employee engagement is at an all-time high. Here we foster a culture of respect, diversity, and inclusion. Enjoy comprehensive and competitive benefits that support you and your family in every aspect of life. Start your life-changing journey today.
- #1 in New York, "America's Best Hospitals 2021-2022." - U.S.News & World Report
- 2021 "Employees' Choice Awards: Best Places to Work" - Glassdoor
- 2021 " Best Workplaces in Health Care & Biopharma" - Fortune
- 2020 "America's Best Employers in New York State" - Forbes
- 2020 "Working Mother 100 Best Companies" - Working Mother
- 2020 "Best Companies for Multicultural Women" - Working Mother
- 2020 "Best Workplace for Men in Nursing" - American Association for Men in Nursing
Discover why we're #1 in New York and a best employer at: nyp.org/careers
NewYork-Presbyterian Hospital is an equal opportunity employer.