Diagnostic Lab Supervisor
LocationQueens, New York
Shift:Day (United States of America)
Diagnostic Lab Supervisor
Redefining the Limits of Science & Medicine: Laboratory Science Saves Lives
At New York-Presbyterian Queens, Laboratory Scientists are redefining the limits of science and medicine. Our clinical laboratories operate 24 hours a day and perform more than four million individual tests annually and offer a full range of diagnostic services in laboratory medicine with sections devoted to Clinical Chemistry, Hematology, Coagulation, Microbiology, Immunology and Blood Bank. We study some of the most complex and rarely seen medical conditions - with unmatched energy and expertise. Now you can become a part of Where Amazing Works.
As a Diagnostic Lab Supervisor at New York-Presbyterian Queens, you will supervise the laboratory outreach program’s Client Services area and couriers. In this important role, you will oversee day-to-day operations of the laboratory outreach program and act as the primary liaison between physician offices and the laboratory. Here you will have the opportunity to work with nationally accredited colleagues and contribute to lifesaving results.
Take on this critical leadership position and serve as a role model and educational resource, fostering an environment of collaboration, creativity, research and continuous learning. Leveraging your strong interpersonal skills, you’ll be a trusted point of contact for laboratory clients. Acts as a resource to Client Service Representatives and other staff to accurately respond to questions pertaining to coding and compliance. This position plays a key role in the efficient and effective financial operations of the diagnostic labs and helps make a life-changing difference.
- College degree
- Prior experience with Laboratory Billing
- Prior experience as a supervisor
- High School Diploma
- Incumbent should be familiar with all aspects of Clinical Laboratory discipline.
- Exceptional interpersonal skills
Join a healthcare system where employee engagement is at an all-time high. Here we foster a culture of respect, diversity, and inclusion. Enjoy comprehensive and competitive benefits that support you and your family in every aspect of life. Start your life-changing journey today.
- #1 in New York, "America's Best Hospitals 2021-2022." - U.S.News & World Report
- 2021 "Employees' Choice Awards: Best Places to Work" - Glassdoor
- 2021 " Best Workplaces in Health Care & Biopharma" - Fortune
- 2020 "America's Best Employers in New York State" - Forbes
- 2020 "Working Mother 100 Best Companies" - Working Mother
- 2020 "Best Companies for Multicultural Women" - Working Mother
- 2020 "Best Workplace for Men in Nursing" - American Association for Men in Nursing
Discover why we're #1 in New York and a best employer at: nyp.org/careers
NewYork-Presbyterian Hospital is an equal opportunity employer.