Development Officer – Queens
LocationQueens, New York
Shift:Day (United States of America)
Lifesaving Care: Development Makes it Possible
Ranked #1 in New York and among the best in the country by U.S. News & World Report, NewYork-Presbyterian Hospital is one of the largest and most comprehensive health care institutions in the world. Our talented development professionals help ensure that we will have the resources to deliver the finest, most advanced patient care well into the future. Reporting to the Director, Development, Regional Hospitals, the Development Officer is responsible for the engagement, cultivation and solicitation of donors in support of the mission of NewYork-Presbyterian Queens (NYPQ).
NewYork-Presbyterian Queens, located in Flushing, New York, is a community teaching hospital affiliated with Weill Cornell Medicine, serving the borough of Queens and metro New York residents.
The 535-bed tertiary care facility provides services in 14 clinical departments and numerous subspecialties. Annually, 15,000 surgeries and 4,000 infant deliveries are performed at NewYork-Presbyterian Queens. With its network of affiliated primary and multispecialty care physician practices and community-based health centers, the hospital provides approximately 162,000 ambulatory care visits and 124,000 emergency service visits annually.
Development Officer – Queens
As a member of the NYP Development team, this position is responsible for building and developing comprehensive fundraising program with a clear focus on creating a network of donors ultimately soliciting gifts from NYPQ constituencies. S/He will be responsible for the management of relationships with the donor base and will be expected to identify, qualify, cultivate, solicit and steward these donors. The Development Officer will engage in approved fundraising strategies including partnering with physicians to build a culture of philanthropy at the Hospital, staffing the Hospital’s Board of Trustees’ Development Committee, as well as seeking the support of private, family, and corporate charitable foundations as a source of fundraising revenue. Under the guidance and direction of the Director, Development, Regional Hospitals, and in collaboration with the Vice President of Development and members of the NewYork-Presbyterian Office of Development, the Development Officer will develop new and existing donors to NYPQ.
- Master’s degree
- High energy and passion for NewYork-Presbyterian’s mission is essential
- Bachelor’s degree
- Minimum of Five (5) in annual or major gifts solicitation and portfolio management
- Excellent communication skills, both written and oral; ability to influence and engage volunteers and donors
- Self-starter, resourceful and strong organizational skills
- Ability to work independently without close oversight, but also a team player who will productively engage with others at varying levels of seniority within and outside NewYork-Presbyterian
- Strong time management skills with exceptional attention to detail
Join a hospital where employee engagement is at an all-time high. Enjoy competitive compensation along with benefits such as tuition reimbursement, hospital retirement contributions, and financial planning assistance. Start your life-changing journey today.
- #1 in New York, "America's Best Hospitals 2017-2018." - U.S.News & World Report
- 2018 "Best Places to Work: Employee's Choice." - Glassdoor
- 2018 "Employees' Choice: Top CEOs" - Glassdoor
- 2018 “America’s Best Employers.” - Forbes
- 2018 "150 Top Places to Work in Healthcare." - Becker's Healthcare
- 2018 "Top-Rated Work Places: Best Hospitals" - Indeed
Discover why we're #1 in New York and a best employer at: nyp.org/careers
NewYork-Presbyterian Hospital is an equal opportunity employer.