Dental Hygenist-Dental and Oral Medicine
LocationQueens, New York
Shift:Day (United States of America)
Join the team at NewYork-Presbyterian Queens, located in Flushing, New York, which is a community teaching hospital affiliated with Weill Cornell Medicine, serving Queens and metro New York residents. The 535-bed tertiary care facility provides services in 14 clinical departments and numerous subspecialties. Annually, 15,000 surgeries and 4,000 infant deliveries are performed at NewYork-Presbyterian Queens. With its network of affiliated primary and multispecialty care physician practices and community-based health centers, the hospital provides approximately 162,000 ambulatory care visits and 124,000 emergency service visits annually. We are verified as a Level I Trauma Center by New York State and by the American College of Surgeons (ACS). The Center for Dental and Oral Medicine provides a full spectrum of dental services to the people of Queens and surrounding boroughs. The attending staff is comprised of over 40 dentists, representing a full spectrum of general practice and specialty care dentistry. Specialty care is delivered with the support of attending staff expert in their particular fields.
Dental Hygienist-Center For Dental and Oral Medicine
Cultivate a courteous and respectful demeanor while multitasking between people and responsibilities. Provide compassionate, patient focus and superior customer service - keeping our fast-paced environments running smoothly. The Dental Hygienist will be responsible for assisting the Dentists and Dental Residents with clinical procedures and perform all duties in compliance with safety and infection control guidelines. The Dental Hygienist will evaluate the dental status of patients; instruct patients in oral hygiene procedures; process dental x-rays using bite wings, periapical films; and related equipment; reads dental x-rays and alert dentist to observations.
This is a part time position located in Flushing, Queens. This position is three days per week and one Saturday a month.
- Associate's degree in Dental Hygiene
- Two years of related experience working within a dental office environment
- Must have experience working with digital radiography (Dental X-Rays)
- Computer proficiency with knowledge of Windows-based computer applications
- Must have excellent interpersonal skills, and the ability to operate standard office equipment
Join a healthcare system where employee engagement is at an all-time high. Here we foster a culture respect, diversity, and inclusion. Enjoy comprehensive and competitive benefits that support you and your family in every aspect of life. Start your life-changing journey today.
- #1 in New York, "America's Best Hospitals 2019-2020." - U.S.News & World Report
- 2019 "Best Places to Work: Employee's Choice." - Glassdoor
- 2019 "Employees' Choice: Top CEOs" - Glassdoor
- 2019 "America's Best Employers in New York State" - Forbes
- 2019 "150 Top Places to Work in Healthcare." - Becker's Healthcare
- 2019 "Top-Rated Work Places: Best Hospitals" - Indeed
Discover why we're #1 in New York and a best employer at: nyp.org/careers
NewYork-Presbyterian Hospital is an equal opportunity employer.