Customer Service/Physician Biller-Lake Success-Suffolk County
LocationQueens, New York
Shift:Day (United States of America)
· Answers phones and responds to inquiries from patients, insurance carriers, employers, staff and other external agencies to provide excellent service and information relating to billing services accounts.
· Has a working knowledge of professional billing and all insurance plans, including Medicare, Medicaid, workers compensation and commercial insurance carriers along with the regulations that govern them.
· Responsible for the collection of self-pay and self- pay residual accounts. Other accounts for collection activity may be assigned by the management team.
· Makes every effort to provide an extraordinary customer service experience to all customers and staff both internally and externally.
· Maintains an understanding of the revenue cycle which includes insurance billing, and associated correspondence (e.g. EOBs, electronic remittance advices etc.) and is able to independently resolve issues.
· Performs processes including financial assistance, charity care application qualifications, insurance billing, payment plans, service recovery and patient correspondence.
· Reviews and resolves claim issues via the practice management system work list.
· Assists with patient education concerning insurance and payment plans.
· Follows up with patients in regards to pending concerns.
· Appropriately escalates problematic calls to the customer service supervisor.
· Maintains knowledge in all aspects of the Fair Debt Collections Practices Act and is compliant in all collection efforts.
· Consistently works and completes assignments of moderate difficulty and complexity, while exercising a reasonable amount of independent judgment.
· Acts as a resource to CBO specialist, practice managers, providers and other staff to accurately respond to questions pertaining to professional billing services.
Performs other special projects and duties as assigned.
High School Diploma or equivalent required.
3+ years of medical office customer service/billing preferred.
Join a hospital where employee engagement is at an all-time high. Enjoy competitive compensation along with benefits such as tuition reimbursement, hospital retirement contributions, and financial planning assistance. Start your life-changing journey today.
- #1 in New York, "America's Best Hospitals 2017-2018." - U.S.News & World Report
- 2018 "Best Places to Work: Employee's Choice." - Glassdoor
- 2018 "Employees' Choice: Top CEOs" - Glassdoor
- 2018 “America’s Best Employers.” - Forbes
- 2018 "150 Top Places to Work in Healthcare." - Becker's Healthcare
- 2018 "Top-Rated Work Places: Best Hospitals" - Indeed
Discover why we're #1 in New York and a best employer at: nyp.org/careers
NewYork-Presbyterian Hospital is an equal opportunity employer.