Controlled Substance Pharmacist
LocationQueens, New York
Shift:Day Flex (United States of America)
Controlled Substance Pharmacist – Pharmacy – Full Time
Shape the Future of Pharmacy
At NewYork-Presbyterian Queens, we know that extraordinary careers in pharmacy come from the opportunity to do extraordinary work. That's why we're inviting experienced pharmacists to explore the innovative careers at New York's largest and busiest hospital. There's no better place to define your expertise, while working with a team that's defining national standards.
Utilize your vast pharmaceutical experience as you oversee the operation of controlled substance-diversion management software within the pharmacy service. Collaborate with a team of dedicated staff who administer and manage the utilization of controlled substances in accordance with all applicable laws and regulations. Build closer relationships between the pharmacy and our interdisciplinary clinical services as the pharmacy liaison for controlled substance management. Provide controlled substance management training for the pharmacy staff and participate in the development and implementation of policies and procedures for the safe and effective distribution of pharmacy services to patients at the NYPQ.
- In depth knowledge of Pyxis and Omnicell automatic dispensing cabinet technology
- Working knowledge of the current and future electronic medical record (Allscripts, EPIC)
- 5 + years of experience that includes controlled substance ordering, diversion and inventory management required.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Bachelor of Science Degree in Pharmacy or Pharm.D. Degree
- New York State licensure
- Strong computer skills in database management and documentation preparation (Word, PowerPoint, Excel, and Microsoft Office) required.
Join a hospital where employee engagement is at an all-time high. Enjoy competitive compensation along with benefits such as tuition reimbursement, hospital retirement contributions, and financial planning assistance. Start your life-changing journey today.
- #1 in New York, "America's Best Hospitals 2017-2018." - U.S.News & World Report
- 2018 "Best Places to Work: Employee's Choice." - Glassdoor
- 2018 "Employees' Choice: Top CEOs" - Glassdoor
- 2018 “America’s Best Employers.” - Forbes
- 2018 "150 Top Places to Work in Healthcare." - Becker's Healthcare
- 2018 "Top-Rated Work Places: Best Hospitals" - Indeed
Discover why we're #1 in New York and a best employer at: nyp.org/careers
NewYork-Presbyterian Hospital is an equal opportunity employer.