Clin Nur Director Pt Care Svs
LocationQueens, New York
Shift:Day (United States of America)
DIRECTOR OF PERIOPERATIVE SERVICES NewYork-Presbyterian Queens
As an integral member of our leadership team, you will plan, coordinate, and direct activities assigned to Peri-Operative Services, which performs over 14,000 procedures annually in 21 multidisciplinary surgical suites, inclusive of Cardiac Surgery, Obstetrics and Robotics. Along with strategic planning, you will oversee the fiscal accountability for all areas of Perioperative Services, and ensure effective department management and quality of patient care in compliance with regulatory requirements and established standards of care, as well as direct and ensure the effective coordination of Pre-Surgical Testing, Surgical Scheduling, PreOp, Periop, PACU and Central Sterile Supply.
ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES:
- Overseeing overall operations of all operational areas in Surgical Services including OR, PACU, Pre-Surgical Services (consisting of 240 FTE's).
- Overseeing the Sterile Processing Department and related regulatory agencies.
- Managing the overall administration of Surgical Services finances, facilities, operations and human resources.
- Managing fiscal, human and material resources efficiently and prioritizing needs.
- Accountable for all budgetary expenses and the annual budget.
- Planning, administration, and coordination of services and processes so as to ensure safe, quality, and competent provision of patient care services, consistent with the policies of the hospital in a cost-effective and customer-service approach.
- Monitoring data and making appropriate decisions associated with on time case starts, block time and turnover time to ensure highly efficient operations.
- Demonstrating leadership and guidance to all nursing managers to promote and monitor quality indicators, organizational/departmental goals, priorities, and clinical outcomes.
- Serving as a role model in creating a culture of respect and safety throughout all areas of the Surgical Services departments.
- Master's Degree in Nursing or related field
- Current RN license in New York State
- Minimum of 5-7 years of clinical experience
- 3 years OR experience preferred
- Superior strategic and problem-solving orientation and planning, organizational and financial skills
- Demonstrated leadership and effective communication and interpersonal skills
- Experience working with, and being part of a high performing leadership team
- Change management skills a plus
NewYork-Presbyterian Queens Hospital is an equal opportunity employer.
Join a hospital where employee engagement is at an all-time high. Enjoy competitive compensation along with benefits such as tuition reimbursement, hospital retirement contributions, and financial planning assistance. Start your life-changing journey today.
- #1 in New York, "America's Best Hospitals 2017-2018." - U.S.News & World Report
- 2018 "Best Places to Work: Employee's Choice." - Glassdoor
- 2018 "Employees' Choice: Top CEOs" - Glassdoor
- 2018 “America’s Best Employers.” - Forbes
- 2018 "150 Top Places to Work in Healthcare." - Becker's Healthcare
- 2018 "Top-Rated Work Places: Best Hospitals" - Indeed
Discover why we're #1 in New York and a best employer at: nyp.org/careers
NewYork-Presbyterian Hospital is an equal opportunity employer.