Clin Doc Improv Spec
LocationQueens, New York
Shift:Day (United States of America)
Data Integrity, Accuracy, Quality Outcomes: Clinical Documentation Improvement Specialist’s Make it Possible
Clinical Documentation Improvement Specialist-Part Time
Our Clinical Documentation Improvement professionals utilize a uniquely collaborative healthcare model, which support Service Line and Hospital initiatives along with Quality outcomes reporting. Transform your career as a Clinical Documentation Improvement Specialist, and work closely with widely renowned clinical leaders. Explore ever-evolving opportunities in a variety of premier environments. Facilitate complete and compliant electronic medical record documentation in a variety of clinical specialties. Move into the next phase of your career. Be a part of an all-embracing culture of teamwork, collaboration and innovation. Now you can help Make It Possible.
In this role, you will be responsible for facilitating improvement on medical record documentation by concurrent and retrospective interventions and interactions with physicians, residents and other licensed independent practitioners. Develop processes to identify opportunities for documentation improvement. Maintain knowledge of regulatory and third party requirements and policies regarding required documentation impacting coding and DRG assignments. Perform other job related duties as assigned.
This position is located in Flushing Queens.
- Registered Nurse with 2 years of CDI experience
- Certified Clinical Documentation Specialist (CCDS)
- Bachelor's degree
- Registered Nurse, Nurse Practitioner, Occupational Therapist, Physical Therapist, Physician Assistant or trained Physician background
- Minimum of 5 years of recent hospital experience and/or verifiable Documentation Improvement experience
- Regulatory and third party requirements as it relates to documentation improvement
- Ability to review and interpret clinical information
Join a hospital where employee engagement is at an all-time high. Enjoy competitive compensation along with benefits such as tuition reimbursement, hospital retirement contributions, and financial planning assistance. Start your life-changing journey today.
- #1 in New York, "America's Best Hospitals 2017-2018." - U.S.News & World Report
- 2019 "Best Places to Work: Employee's Choice." - Glassdoor
- 2018 "Employees' Choice: Top CEOs" - Glassdoor
- 2018 “America’s Best Employers.” - Forbes
- 2018 "150 Top Places to Work in Healthcare." - Becker's Healthcare
- 2018 "Top-Rated Work Places: Best Hospitals" - Indeed
Discover why we're #1 in New York and a best employer at: nyp.org/careers
NewYork-Presbyterian Hospital is an equal opportunity employer.