Surgical Technologist - Operating Room - Evenings
LocationNew York, New York
Shift:Evening (United States of America)
Feel the Pride of History-Making Surgical Care and Caring
Bring your talents to New York’s #1-ranked hospital, where we’re proudly introducing the world to the future of surgical care and caring. Recently, we made headlines for scarless surgery – techniques that leave patients with no external wounds. And right now, we’re studying metabolic surgery as a potential cure for Type 2 diabetes. Across our state-of-the-art campuses, exceptionally skilled professionals like you are shaping the field and improving the lives of countless human beings. Discover Where Amazing Works!
Join our high-profile team, and build on our reputation for excellence as you provide crucial support to physicians throughout a wide range of surgical procedures (e.g., neurological, orthopedic and ENT). Thrive in a fast-paced environment that challenges you to perform at your best every day and fosters your continued growth and advancement. You will function as a scrub person, circulation assistant, and member of the surgical team. You will assist in the care, preparation, and maintenance of supplies and equipment in the Operating Room. Experience life at the forefront of a better tomorrow – for patients, our hospital and your career.
This is a full time, evenings position working 3:00-11:30pm, including weekends and holidays, at NewYork-Presbyterian/Columbia University Medical Center.
- Prior experience as an OR/Surgical Tech in an acute care setting
- Certified Surgical Technologist by the National Board of Surgical Technology and Surgical Assisting Certification (NBSTSA)
- Completion of a certified Surgical Technologist, Operating Room Technician or comparable training program or experience as an O.R. Technician/Surgical Technologist in an acute care setting
- High school diploma or GED
Join a healthcare system where employee engagement is at an all-time high. Here we foster a culture of respect, diversity, and inclusion. Enjoy comprehensive and competitive benefits that support you and your family in every aspect of life. Start your life-changing journey today.
- #1 in New York, "America's Best Hospitals 2020-2021." - U.S.News & World Report
- 2021 "Employees' Choice Awards: Best Places to Work" - Glassdoor
- 2021 " Best Workplaces in Health Care & Biopharma" - Fortune
- 2020 "America's Best Employers in New York State" - Forbes
- 2020 "Working Mother 100 Best Companies" - Working Mother
- 2020 "Best Companies for Multicultural Women" - Working Mother
- 2020 "Best Workplace for Men in Nursing" - American Association for Men in Nursing
Discover why we're #1 in New York and a best employer at: nyp.org/careers
NewYork-Presbyterian Hospital is an equal opportunity employer.