Social Worker Heart Transplant Program Inpatient-Outpatient Columbia Days
LocationNew York, New York
Shift:Day (United States of America)
Discover Where Amazing Works
Social Worker Heart Transplant Program Inpatient/Outpatient Columbia Days
At NewYork-Presbyterian/Columbia University Irving Medical Center located in upper Manhattan near the George Washington Bridge, you will find a staff dedicated to always providing the highest quality, most compassionate care, and service to each and every one of our patients and their families in a warm and friendly environment.
At NewYork-Presbyterian/ Columbia talented social workers lead, learn, and educate in a department like no other. We collaborate across the full spectrum of key areas, providing life-changing research, education, and practice. You can help Make It Possible.
We are seeking a Social Worker our Heart Transplant Team. You will perform lengthy evaluations for each prospective transplant candidate, address the needs of patients pre-transplant, while they are inpatient while on the wait list, or admitted in rejection in formulating discharge plans, and remain responsible for addressing their needs post-transplant indefinitely.
Social Workers are essential contributors to the multidiscipline selection process.
You will provide monthly psychoeducational/support groups for those patients listed for transplant, as well as their family members.
You will also provide back up for the Ventricular Assist Device (VAD) Social Worker.
Experience a place where Social Worker are respected. Utilize your inpatient experience to provide a variety of psychosocial services, coordinate discharge planning and continuum of care for patients and families from across the world. Assist them in enhancing their capabilities of coping with illness and daily functioning. Here, you will experience all the reasons why you entered such a rewarding field.
This is Monday - Friday position, days with rotating weekend/holiday coverage.
- At least one year of inpatient Medical/Surgical experience
- Discharge Planning experience
- Master’s Degree in Social Work (MSW)
- New York State License as a Licensed Masters Social Worker (LMSW)
- If a new graduate Social Worker, Limited Permit (must supply exam date prior to start of employment)
Join a healthcare system where employee engagement is at an all-time high. Here we foster a culture of respect, diversity, and inclusion. Enjoy comprehensive and competitive benefits that support you and your family in every aspect of life. Start your life-changing journey today.
- #1 in New York, "America's Best Hospitals 2021-2022." - U.S.News & World Report
- 2021 "Employees' Choice Awards: Best Places to Work" - Glassdoor
- 2021 " Best Workplaces in Health Care & Biopharma" - Fortune
- 2020 "America's Best Employers in New York State" - Forbes
- 2020 "Working Mother 100 Best Companies" - Working Mother
- 2020 "Best Companies for Multicultural Women" - Working Mother
- 2020 "Best Workplace for Men in Nursing" - American Association for Men in Nursing
Discover why we're #1 in New York and a best employer at: nyp.org/careers
NewYork-Presbyterian Hospital is an equal opportunity employer.