Social Worker- Float Pool and ED - Columbia - Days
LocationNew York, New York
Shift:Day (United States of America)
Discover Where Amazing Works
Social Worker - Inpatient Float Pool and ED- Columbia Days
At NewYork-Presbyterian/Columbia University Irving Medical Center located in upper Manhattan near the George Washington Bridge, you will find a staff dedicated to always providing the highest quality, most compassionate care and service to each and every one of our patients and their families in a warm and friendly environment.
At NewYork-Presbyterian/ Columbia talented social workers lead, learn and educate in a department like no other. We collaborate across the full spectrum of key areas, providing life-changing research, education and practice. You can help Make It Possible.
We are seeking a Social Worker for our Float Pool and ED. Experience a place where Social Worker are respected. Utilize your inpatient experience to provide a variety of psychosocial services, coordinate discharge planning and continuum of care for patients and families from across the world. Assist them in enhancing their capabilities of coping with illness and daily functioning. Here, you will experience all the reasons why you entered such a rewarding field.
This is day shift Monday - Friday position, with weekend and holiday rotation required.
- At least one year of inpatient Medical/Surgical experience
- Discharge Planning experience
- Master’s Degree in Social Work (MSW)
- New York State License as a Licensed Masters Social Worker (LMSW)
- If a new graduate Social Worker, Limited Permit (must supply exam date prior to start of employment)
- If a new graduate Social Worker, must have Licensed Masters Social Worker (LMSW) by the State of New York within 1 year of hire
Join a hospital where employee engagement is at an all-time high. Enjoy competitive compensation along with benefits such as tuition reimbursement, hospital retirement contributions, and financial planning assistance. Start your life-changing journey today.
Join a healthcare system where employee engagement is at an all-time high. Here we foster a culture respect, diversity, and inclusion. Enjoy comprehensive and competitive benefits that support you and your family in every aspect of life. Start your life-changing journey today.
- #1 in New York, "America's Best Hospitals 2019-2020." - U.S.News & World Report
- 2019 "Best Places to Work: Employee's Choice." - Glassdoor
- 2019 "Employees' Choice: Top CEOs" - Glassdoor
- 2019 "America's Best Employers in New York State" - Forbes
- 2019 "150 Top Places to Work in Healthcare." - Becker's Healthcare
- 2019 "Top-Rated Work Places: Best Hospitals" - Indeed
Discover why we're #1 in New York and a best employer at: nyp.org/careers
NewYork-Presbyterian Hospital is an equal opportunity employer.