Security Officer- Columbia University Irving Medical Center
LocationNew York, New York
Shift:Rotating (United States of America)
Safe Environments for Care:
Security Officers Make It Possible
At NewYork-Presbyterian Hospital, security officers do more than patrol facilities and campuses - they take part in amazing stories. When a patient was recently admitted with a severe illness, one security officer sensed the need for action. Maintaining his post, he repositioned himself in view of the patient room. And when the patient’s condition suddenly became critical, this officer alerted clinicians for life-saving intervention. Each day, Security Officers at NewYork-Presbyterian serve and inspire with similar acts of service and integrity. Now, you can Make It Possible.
Be a visible front line security presence for our Hospital. Protect patients, visitors, employees and property across our medical and academic campuses, maintaining access control in assigned areas and responding to emergency situations. Help maintain lawful environment for lifesaving care.
- Bachelors degree, military experience, or 2 years of collegiate course in criminal justice or related field.
- Prior work experience as Security Guard.
- Valid Driver's License.
- Current NYS Security Guard License.
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Completion of Basic Cardiac Life Support (BCLS) certification required within 90 days of starting in role.
Security Officers opportunities (various shifts) are located near the George Washington Bridge in our Columbia Presbyterian Medical Center campus.
Join a healthcare system where employee engagement is at an all-time high. Here we foster a culture of respect, diversity, and inclusion. Enjoy comprehensive and competitive benefits that support you and your family in every aspect of life. Start your life-changing journey today.
- 2021 "Employees' Choice Awards: Best Places to Work" - Glassdoor
- 2021 " Best Workplaces in Health Care & Biopharma" - Fortune
- 2020 "America's Best Employers in New York State" - Forbes
- 2020 "Working Mother 100 Best Companies" - Working Mother
- 2020 "Best Companies for Multicultural Women" - Working Mother
- 2020 "Best Workplace for Men in Nursing" - American Association for Men in Nursing
- Discover why at: nyp.org/careers
NewYork-Presbyterian Hospital is an equal opportunity employer.
It all begins with you. Our amazing compensation packages start with competitive base pay and include recognition for your experience, education, and licensure. Then we add our amazing benefits, countless opportunities for personal and professional growth and a dynamic environment that embraces every person. Join our team and discover where amazing works.