LocationNew York, New York
Shift:Day (United States of America)
Feel the Pride of a Mission-Driven Career
Project Leader: NewYork-Presbyterian Medical Groups.
Monday-Friday Days-Midtown Location.
Join a patient-inspired team at NewYork-Presbyterian Hospital ,and bring new meaning to your career as you play a crucial role in world-class care and caring. Here, putting patients first is our mission, which means we stay committed to excellence in all aspects of our organization, including analytical data. And as we look to the promising future ahead, we seek talented professionals like you to drive continuous improvement and build on our success as one of the nation’s top-ranked hospitals (U.S.News & World Report).
NewYork-Presbyterian Medical Groups (NYPMG) are part of the physician enterprise of NewYork-Presbyterian, one of the nation’s most comprehensive academic health care delivery systems affiliated with two world-renowned medical schools. Through primary care and multispecialty medical practices, the physicians and other health care professionals of NYPMG, in collaboration with ColumbiaDoctors and Weill Cornell Physicians, provide families with high quality, patient-centered care close to home in the New York metropolitan area.
As a Project Leader, you'll be responsible for leading all project related activities of the department and for contributing to the successful delivery and completion of these initiatives. Work to ensure continuous improvement; ensure quality of data presentations; monitor benchmarks and determine long range plans for operational and process improvements. Lead developmental, coordination and execution of department related projects. Execute the entire development life cycle of projects including scope of definition, analysis, training, and communication. Support the analytics team by doing data retrieval queries, data exploration, analyzing and summarizing data information.
- Leads development, coordination and execution of department related projects
- Executes the entire development life cycle of projects including scope definition, analysis, training and communication. Manages project progress closely to ensure deliverables are timely and within budget.
- Leads cross-function project teams in implementing, maintaining, enhancing and developing solutions to support department and Hospital initiatives.
- Leads meetings of project workgroups, including facilitating discussions around project deliverables, identifying action items and assigning team members for follow up and completion, identification of threats and opportunities and obtaining additional resources as needed.
- Defines operational improvement opportunities for department and manages building of charters and execution of these projects.
- Identifies process improvement opportunities, managing small implementation teams and developing strong working relationships with internal business partners and clients to ensure successful project execution
- Partners with management and senior leadership in planning and scheduling projects for the Hospital that drive productivity, increase data quality and facilitate business operations. Keeps management updated on project timeline.
- Ensures effective monitoring of projects. Makes recommendations to develop effective monitoring tools and benchmarks.
- Coordinates creation of presentations for report-outs, preparing written narratives as needed.
- Assists with conducting Post Implementation Reviews and Gap Analysis to ensure plan objectives were met, document successes and areas for improvement, and provide recommendations to be carried forward for future projects.
- May perform all duties inherent to managerial role. Participates in hiring, training, evaluation and termination of assigned staff according to hospital policies and procedures.
- Performs other special projects and duties as assigned.
- Master's degree
- Experience with SQL and its functions
- Bachelor's degree
- A minimum of 5 years’ work experience
- Strong project management skills
Join a hospital where employee engagement is at an all-time high. Enjoy competitive compensation along with benefits such as tuition reimbursement, hospital retirement contributions, and financial planning assistance. Start your life-changing journey today.
- #1 in New York, "America's Best Hospitals 2019-2020." - U.S.News & World Report
- 2019 "Best Places to Work: Employee's Choice." - Glassdoor
- 2019 "Employees' Choice: Top CEOs" - Glassdoor
- 2019 "America's Best Employers in New York State" - Forbes
- 2019 "150 Top Places to Work in Healthcare." - Becker's Healthcare
- 2019 "Top-Rated Work Places: Best Hospitals" - Indeed
Discover why we're #1 in New York and a best employer at: nyp.org/careers
NewYork-Presbyterian Hospital is an equal opportunity employer.