Per Diem-Occup Therapist - Columbia University Irving Medical Center
LocationNew York, New York
Shift:Day (United States of America)
Life-Changing Patient Care
Occupational Therapists Make It Possible
Occupational Therapist - Rehab Medicine - Per Diem
Step into the compassionate world of NewYork-Presbyterian, where patients turn to for occupational therapy of the highest caliber. As part of our tight-knit team, you’ll have the opportunity to help patients gain functional independence and live fulfilling lives, while continuously moving forward in your career. Join us in building on our success as New York’s #1-ranked hospital (U.S.News & World Report).
We are seeking a strong candidate with a background in inpatient acute care. In this role, the Occupational Therapist will evaluate, plan and provide treatment programs for patients whose injury, disease, or loss of body part interferes with daily functioning. Provide skilled intervention using a variety of techniques that are appropriate to achieving the identified goals.
This is a per diem position requiring availability for 2 to 3 days per week.
- A minimum of 1 year Acute care experience
- National Board for Certification in Occupational Therapy (NBCOT)
- AOTA Membership
- Doctorate or Masters' degree in Occupational Therapy
- Bachelor’s Degree in Occupational Therapy
- New York State Occupational Therapist License, or NYS Limited Permit if applicable
- Basic Cardiac Life Support (BCLS) certification
Join a hospital where employee engagement is at an all-time high. Enjoy competitive compensation along with benefits such as tuition reimbursement, hospital retirement contributions, and financial planning assistance. Start your life-changing journey today.
- #1 in New York, "America's Best Hospitals 2017-2018." - U.S.News & World Report
- 2019 "Best Places to Work: Employee's Choice." - Glassdoor
- 2018 "Employees' Choice: Top CEOs" - Glassdoor
- 2018 “America’s Best Employers.” - Forbes
- 2018 "150 Top Places to Work in Healthcare." - Becker's Healthcare
- 2018 "Top-Rated Work Places: Best Hospitals" - Indeed
Discover why we're #1 in New York and a best employer at: nyp.org/careers
NewYork-Presbyterian Hospital is an equal opportunity employer.