Oncology Nursing Fellowship
LocationNew York, New York
Shift:Night Flex (United States of America)
The Susan D. Flynn Oncology Nursing Fellowship Program is intended to help stimulate the career interest of rising senior students of the Barbara H. Hagan School of Nursing Molloy College and Sacred Heart University School of Nursing Onlyand foster the professional development of potential Oncology Nurses. The program is focused on the critically important field of Oncology Nursing. The Fellowship will enhance the student's core clinical education through direct observation of Oncology patient care and exposure to related patient care duties and services that typify Oncology nurses' valuable role and important inter-relationships with other members of the healthcare team. Opportunities to attend various pertinent internal educational programs and meetings with key staff members at New York Presbyterian Hospital will provide additional learning experiences for the student nurse. For more information about the program visit: http://sdfondp.com/
The Fellowship program includes a comprehensive scope of direct observational and learning experiences within the New York Presbyterian Hospital, including adult and pediatric exposure to:
- Oncology Nursing (possible roles/typical responsibilities, applied practice, possible career opportunities, etc.)
- Medical & Surgical Oncology (including treatment plans, key policies/procedures, patient education, etc.)
- Clinical Research
- Bone Marrow
- Palliative Care Department (organization, resources, services)
- Infusion Services
- Radiation Therapy
- Patient Support Programs
- Various Internal Oncology-Related Forums
- Integrative Therapies
In addition, as part of this learning/development experience, the student nurse will be required to complete an evidence based practice project in some aspect of Oncology Nursing which will be presented to their supervisory management during the last week of the program.
The program will span nine (9) weeks in length, from June 1, 2020 through July 31, 2020 and will be conducted at New York Presbyterian Hospital (in New York, New York). The schedule will be full time (37.5 hours/week). Schedule may vary during the week.
The student nurse will be paid a stipend for this Fellowship Program
Join a healthcare system where employee engagement is at an all-time high. Here we foster a culture respect, diversity, and inclusion. Enjoy comprehensive and competitive benefits that support you and your family in every aspect of life. Start your life-changing journey today.
- #1 in New York, "America's Best Hospitals 2019-2020." - U.S.News & World Report
- 2019 "Best Places to Work: Employee's Choice." - Glassdoor
- 2019 "Employees' Choice: Top CEOs" - Glassdoor
- 2019 "America's Best Employers in New York State" - Forbes
- 2019 "150 Top Places to Work in Healthcare." - Becker's Healthcare
- 2019 "Top-Rated Work Places: Best Hospitals" - Indeed
Discover why we're #1 in New York and a best employer at: nyp.org/careers
NewYork-Presbyterian Hospital is an equal opportunity employer.