Manager - Facilities Operations - Electrical Shop
LocationNew York, New York
Shift:Day (United States of America)
Manager – Facilities Operations - Electrical Shop
The Manager of Facilities Ops assist in the development, implementation and administration of programs to maintain the mechanical and electrical equipment at specified NYP sites. Through effective and efficient utilization of personnel and material, manage, coordinate and oversee all staff and activities, including construction and capital projects at specified locations.
Plans electrical projects by determining specifications, selecting contractors, establishing installation schedules, planning shut-downs and installations, integrating architectural and mechanical design specifications, verifying code requirements, and updating cost estimates. Completes electrical projects by supervising installations and resolving design issues. Maintains electrical systems by establishing and enforcing ongoing maintenance schedules and procedures and testing programs, scheduling repairs, and coordinating shut-downs and installations. Responsible for the recruitment, selection and orientation of employees in assigned areas. Provides work direction, assigns and/or schedules work, conducts on-the-job training, answers job related questions. Monitors performance and adherence to all department policies and procedures, specifically attendance policies. Prepares performance evaluations and recommends appropriate personnel actions for staff, relative to promotions, transfers, and disciplinary action up to and including termination. Assists in the interpretation, development and implementation of Hospital personnel and departmental policies and procedures. Ensures staff compliance with department training programs.
This is a full time position located at NewYork-Presbyterian/Columbia University Medical Center.
- High School Diploma or GED
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering/Architecture or equivalent experience, or combination of education and experience totaling 10 years.
- Minimum of 6 years of occupational-specific experience, or combination of education and experience totaling 10 years.
- Knowledge of existing City, State, Federal Codes
- Ability to read and interpret Blue Prints
- Demonstrated supervisory experience
- Knowledge in the use of CMMS systems to organize and track staff work performance
- NYC electrical license
Join a healthcare system where employee engagement is at an all-time high. Here we foster a culture of respect, diversity, and inclusion. Enjoy comprehensive and competitive benefits that support you and your family in every aspect of life. Start your life-changing journey today.
- 2021 "Employees' Choice Awards: Best Places to Work" - Glassdoor
- 2021 " Best Workplaces in Health Care & Biopharma" - Fortune
- 2020 "America's Best Employers in New York State" - Forbes
- 2020 "Working Mother 100 Best Companies" - Working Mother
- 2020 "Best Companies for Multicultural Women" - Working Mother
- 2020 "Best Workplace for Men in Nursing" - American Association for Men in Nursing
- Discover why at: nyp.org/careers
NewYork-Presbyterian Hospital is an equal opportunity employer.