Maintenance Mechanic II (Wednesday - Sunday: 8:00AM - 4:00PM)
LocationNew York, New York
Shift:Weekends (United States of America)
Top-Notch Caring Environment: Facilities Professionals Make It Possible
Maintenance Mechanic II - (Wed-Sun: 8:00AM - 4:00PM)
At NewYork-Presbyterian Hospital, were changing lives with Amazing facilities for care. In 2015, we earned the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency's ENERGY STAR Award for Sustained Excellence in Energy Management for the tenth time, more than any other hospital in the country. We're earth-conscious, patient-focused and finding new ways to efficiently operate our four million square foot campus. Explore this opportunity to join our team of dedicated Facilities members:
As a Maintenance Mechanic at NewYork-Presbyterian/Columbia University you will perform mechanical and electrical repairs on fans, pumps, motors, turbines and piping systems. In this role you will be responsible for painting, filter cleaning and chemical treatment of Heating Ventilation and Air Conditioning systems, including monitoring fire prevention. You will repair pneumatic, electric and electronic controls and perform scheduled maintenance programs.
During probation, you will be Mon-Fri 8:00AM - 4:00PM.
- Previous experience in a large healthcare environment
- High school diploma or GED
- 3 years of related mechanical and electrical experience
- New York City Fire Department Certificate of Fitness for Storage, Handling, and use of Commercial Cryogenic Systems G-79 within probation
- New York City Fire Department Certificate of Fitness for Handling and Dispensing of Carbon Dioxide Containers G-82 within probation
- New York City Fire Department Certificate of Fitness G-17/G71 for Compressed Gases within probation
- New York City Fire Department Certificate of Fitness for Fireguard F-60 within probation
- New York City Fire Department Certificate of Fitness for Use of Flammable Gases G-60 within probation
Join a healthcare system where employee engagement is at an all-time high. Here we foster a culture of respect, diversity, and inclusion. Enjoy comprehensive and competitive benefits that support you and your family in every aspect of life. Start your life-changing journey today.
- #1 in New York, "America's Best Hospitals 2021-2022." - U.S.News & World Report
- 2021 "Employees' Choice Awards: Best Places to Work" - Glassdoor
- 2021 " Best Workplaces in Health Care & Biopharma" - Fortune
- 2020 "America's Best Employers in New York State" - Forbes
- 2020 "Working Mother 100 Best Companies" - Working Mother
- 2020 "Best Companies for Multicultural Women" - Working Mother
- 2020 "Best Workplace for Men in Nursing" - American Association for Men in Nursing
Discover why we're #1 in New York and a best employer at: nyp.org/careers
NewYork-Presbyterian Hospital is an equal opportunity employer.