Licensed Engineer - 1 License
LocationNew York, New York
Shift:Rotating (United States of America)
Licensed Engineer - 1 License - Rotating Shifts
The Licensed Engineer ensures the operation and provision of utility services, heat, water, air conditioning, etc., on a 24 hour basis. Monitors Boiler Room, Chiller Plant and auxiliary equipment, i.e. pumps, emergency generators, etc. ensuring efficient operations and safety. Makes emergency repairs, mechanical and electrical, to prevent or stop interruptions of utility services. Assists in testing of emergency generators as required. Monitors associated equipment during assigned watch. Monitors chiller operations. Monitors Bulk Gas systems, which includes inspection rounds on equipment and tank replacement. Adjusts major air conditioning units and/or heat depending on needs to ensure proper temperature; checks exhaust and supply fans for proper ventilation. Maintains a daily log of any unusual conditions arising during the shift. Operates and responds to alarm for HVAC central control system. This is a position with no supervisory responsibility.
(12:00 am to 8:00 am Sunday and Monday, 8:00 am to 4:00 pm Tuesday - Thursday)(Off days Friday and Saturday)
Scheduled will be 8:00 am to 4:00 pm, days during probation
This is a full time role located at NewYork-Presbyterian/Columbia University Irving Medical Center.
- High School Diploma or GED
- Minimum of three years of experience working under a refrigeration license
- New York City Fire Department refrigeration license
- New York City Fire Department Certificate of Fitness for Compressed Gases G-17/G-71 within probation
- New York City Fire Department Certificate of Fitness for Fireguard F-60 within probation
- New York City Fire Department Certificate of Fitness for Torch Use of Flammable Gases G-60 within probation
Join a healthcare system where employee engagement is at an all-time high. Here we foster a culture of respect, diversity, and inclusion. Enjoy comprehensive and competitive benefits that support you and your family in every aspect of life. Start your life-changing journey today.
- 2021 "Employees' Choice Awards: Best Places to Work" - Glassdoor
- 2021 " Best Workplaces in Health Care & Biopharma" - Fortune
- 2020 "America's Best Employers in New York State" - Forbes
- 2020 "Working Mother 100 Best Companies" - Working Mother
- 2020 "Best Companies for Multicultural Women" - Working Mother
- 2020 "Best Workplace for Men in Nursing" - American Association for Men in Nursing
- Discover why at: nyp.org/careers
NewYork-Presbyterian Hospital is an equal opportunity employer.
It all begins with you. Our amazing compensation packages start with competitive base pay and include recognition for your experience, education, and licensure. Then we add our amazing benefits, countless opportunities for personal and professional growth and a dynamic environment that embraces every person. Join our team and discover where amazing works.