Laboratory Supervisor - Hematology-Automated Lab - Days
LocationNew York, New York
Shift:Day (United States of America)
Advanced Patient Care:
Laboratory Supervisors Make It Possible
Laboratory Supervisor - Hematology/Automated Lab - Days
Step into the fast-paced world of New York’s #1-ranked hospital (U.S.News & World Report) at NewYork-Presbyterian/Columbia University Irving Medical Center, where Laboratory Technologists are redefining the limits of science and medicine. With patients from across the globe, we study some of the most complex and rarely seen medical conditions—with unmatched energy and expertise. And we continue this proud tradition of patient-focused achievement through attentive leadership, close interdisciplinary collaboration and state-of-the-art technology. Join us, and become one of the people who Make It Possible.
In this position as the Laboratory Supervisor for Hematology in the Automated Lab, you'll have the opportunity to help lead an expanding and dynamic team dedicated professionals working the Hematology bench. Join us as Laboratory Supervisor and see the Amazing Things Happening in the Laboratory.
This is a day shift position working Monday - Friday plus alternate weekends & rotating holidays, with supervisory coverage extended to other shifts as inherent in a leadership position. Location is our Columbia campus in Upper Manhattan/Washington Heights.
- Master's degree
- ASCP certification
- Chemistry knowledge a plus
- 3 years of laboratory supervisory experience
- Minimum of 6 years clinical laboratory experience
- Bachelor of Science Degree in Clinical Laboratory Science or equivalent
- New York State Clinical Laboratory Technologist License from New York Education Department
Join a healthcare system where employee engagement is at an all-time high. Here we foster a culture of respect, diversity, and inclusion. Enjoy comprehensive and competitive benefits that support you and your family in every aspect of life. Start your life-changing journey today.
- #1 in New York, "America's Best Hospitals 2020-2021." - U.S.News & World Report
- 2021 "Employees' Choice Awards: Best Places to Work" - Glassdoor
- 2021 " Best Workplaces in Health Care & Biopharma" - Fortune
- 2020 "America's Best Employers in New York State" - Forbes
- 2020 "Working Mother 100 Best Companies" - Working Mother
- 2020 "Best Companies for Multicultural Women" - Working Mother
- 2020 "Best Workplace for Men in Nursing" - American Association for Men in Nursing
Discover why we're #1 in New York and a best employer at: nyp.org/careers
NewYork-Presbyterian Hospital is an equal opportunity employer.