Laboratory Manager - Microbiology Department
LocationNew York, New York
Shift:Day (United States of America)
Advanced Patient Care:
Laboratory Managers Make It Possible
Laboratory Manager - Microbiology
At NewYork-Presbyterian/Columbia University Irving Medical Center, you'll step into the fast-paced world of New York’s #1-ranked hospital (U.S.News & World Report), where Laboratory Technologists are redefining the limits of science and medicine. With patients from across the globe, we study some of the most complex and rarely seen medical conditions—with unmatched energy and expertise. And we continue this proud tradition of patient-focused achievement through attentive leadership, close interdisciplinary collaboration and state-of-the-art technology. Join us, and become one of the people who Make It Possible.
In this highly visible position as the Laboratory Manager for Microbiology, you'll have the opportunity to lead an expanding team, numbering 50+ dedicated professionals working across Mycology, Virology, Bacteriology as well as the Covid-19 Response team. Here at NYP/Columbia, we are the hub for NYP molecular epidemiology investigative sequencing and are referred to as the "reference laboratory" across our other locations. Join us as Laboratory Manager and see the Amazing Things Happening in the Laboratory.
This is a day shift position with overlap to manage Evening and Night shift staff as inherent with a leadership position. The location is our Columbia campus in Upper Manhattan/Washington Heights.
- Master’s Degree
- American Society for Clinical Pathology Certification (ASCP) or equivalent
- Minimum 5 years of management experience including regulatory experience
- Bachelor of Science Degree in Clinical Laboratory Science or equivalent
- New York State Clinical Laboratory Technologist License from New York Education Department
- ASCP Certification
Join a healthcare system where employee engagement is at an all-time high. Here we foster a culture of respect, diversity, and inclusion. Enjoy comprehensive and competitive benefits that support you and your family in every aspect of life. Start your life-changing journey today.
- #1 in New York, "America's Best Hospitals 2020-2021." - U.S.News & World Report
- 2020 "America's Best Employers in New York State" - Forbes
- 2020 "Working Mother 100 Best Companies" - Working Mother
- 2019 "Best Places to Work: Employee's Choice." - Glassdoor
- 2019 "Employees' Choice: Top CEOs" - Glassdoor
- 2019 "150 Top Places to Work in Healthcare." - Becker's Healthcare
- 2019 "Top-Rated Work Places: Best Hospitals" - Indeed
Discover why we're #1 in New York and a best employer at: nyp.org/careers
NewYork-Presbyterian Hospital is an equal opportunity employer.