Intraoperative Monitoring (IOM)-Neurophysiology Technician IV - Days
LocationNew York, New York
Shift:Day (United States of America)
Transform the Patient Experience and the Lives of Your Patients.
Intraoperative Monitoring (IOM)/Neurophysiology Technician IV - Days
NewYork-Presbyterian/Columbia University Irving Medical Center is an amazing place where care, compassion and community meet a world-class experience. We’re delivering an innovative, patient-inspired experience that will transform patient care.
In this role, the Neurophysiology Technician will have an Intraoperative focus on populations of all age groups, interacting withNeurosurgery, Orthopedic, Cardiac and Vascular teams. Set up patient for Operating Room monitoring with minimal supervision, including effectively and cooperatively partnering with the surgical and anesthesia teams. Perform electrode application inan anesthetized patient while adhering to scrupulous observance of sterile Operating Room protocols. Conduct electrode application using needle electrodes for intraoperative stimulation and recording.
The shift for this position is 7:00 am - 3:00 pm plus on-call and weekend coverage as needed. Location is our Columbia campus in Upper Manhattan/Washington Heights.
- Graduation from an accredited electroneurodiagnostic technology training program (Commission on Accreditation of Allied Health Education Programs (CAAHEP)
- Certification in Neurophysiologic Intraoperative Monitoring (CNIM) by the American Board of Registered Electroneurodiagnostics Technologists (ABRET)
- At least 3 years experience performing EEG, Intraoperative or Evoked Potential
- Graduation from an accredited neuroelectrodiagnostic training program or equivalent experience
- High School Diploma or equivalent
Join a healthcare system where employee engagement is at an all-time high. Here we foster a culture of respect, diversity, and inclusion. Enjoy comprehensive and competitive benefits that support you and your family in every aspect of life. Start your life-changing journey today.
- 2021 "Employees' Choice Awards: Best Places to Work" - Glassdoor
- 2021 " Best Workplaces in Health Care & Biopharma" - Fortune
- 2020 "America's Best Employers in New York State" - Forbes
- 2020 "Working Mother 100 Best Companies" - Working Mother
- 2020 "Best Companies for Multicultural Women" - Working Mother
- 2020 "Best Workplace for Men in Nursing" - American Association for Men in Nursing
- Discover why at: nyp.org/careers
NewYork-Presbyterian Hospital is an equal opportunity employer.
It all begins with you. Our amazing compensation packages start with competitive base pay and include recognition for your experience, education, and licensure. Then we add our amazing benefits, countless opportunities for personal and professional growth and a dynamic environment that embraces every person. Join our team and discover where amazing works.