HIM Coder 3 - Inpatient Coder
LocationNew York, New York
Shift:Day (United States of America)
World-Class Clinical Coding
Inpatient Coder 3 - Hybrid Work Opportunity - Full Time
See the widest variety of cases. Assess rarely seen surgeries and conditions. Get inspired at NewYork-Presbyterian Hospital. More than a job, we're offering the ultimate opportunity for clinical coding professionals. You'll work closely with top physicians and documentation improvement nurses while employing the unique specialty coding model.
There's never been a better time to join our team. Newly opened offices located at 7th Avenue and 35th Street - near Penn Station in the heart of Manhattan - will now house our growing department. And recent conversion to EMR across all five campuses is taking health information management to exciting heights. Feel the excitement of fast-advancing patient care. Explore these opportunities to Make It Possible:
The Inpatient Coder performs varied and complex diagnostic and procedural coding for accurate DRG, severity of illness, and risk of mortality assignment. This is not a medical billing role.
- College level coursework in anatomy, physiology and medical terminology
- Formal inpatient coding training program
- CCS, CCA, RHIA or RHIT certifications
- High School Diploma/GED
- 2 years experience in complex diagnostic and procedural inpatient coding
Join a hospital where employee engagement is at an all-time high. Enjoy competitive compensation along with benefits such as tuition reimbursement, hospital retirement contributions, and financial planning assistance. Start your life-changing journey today
Join a healthcare system where employee engagement is at an all-time high. Here we foster a culture of respect, diversity, and inclusion. Enjoy comprehensive and competitive benefits that support you and your family in every aspect of life. Start your life-changing journey today.
- 2021 "Employees' Choice Awards: Best Places to Work" - Glassdoor
- 2021 " Best Workplaces in Health Care & Biopharma" - Fortune
- 2020 "America's Best Employers in New York State" - Forbes
- 2020 "Working Mother 100 Best Companies" - Working Mother
- 2020 "Best Companies for Multicultural Women" - Working Mother
- 2020 "Best Workplace for Men in Nursing" - American Association for Men in Nursing
- Discover why at: nyp.org/careers
NewYork-Presbyterian Hospital is an equal opportunity employer.
It all begins with you. Our amazing compensation packages start with competitive base pay and include recognition for your experience, education, and licensure. Then we add our amazing benefits, countless opportunities for personal and professional growth and a dynamic environment that embraces every person. Join our team and discover where amazing works.