LocationNew York, New York
Shift:Rotating (United States of America)
The Fireman Mechanic maintains, operates and repairs all Boiler Room equipment. Maintains and repairs boilers, pumps, compressors, fans, heaters, turbines and other related equipment as required. Operates Boiler Room equipment in a safe manner. Performs preventive maintenance and keeps log on all Boiler Room equipment. Maintains work area in a clean and safe condition. May be required to electronically input data into handheld devices. Performs other job related duties as assigned. This is a position with no supervisory responsibility.
This is a full time day position, Sunday – Thursday 8:00am to 4:00 pm rotating shift. This position is located at NewYork-Presbyterian/Columbia University Irving Medical Center.
- High School Diploma or GED
- New York City Fire Department Certificate of Fitness for Supervision of Fuel Oil Transfers in building P-98
- Minimum of three years’ experience in high pressure Boiler Room operation and maintaining equipment, or with high pressure steam equipment at NYP
Join a healthcare system where employee engagement is at an all-time high. Here we foster a culture of respect, diversity, and inclusion. Enjoy comprehensive and competitive benefits that support you and your family in every aspect of life. Start your life-changing journey today.
- 2021 "Employees' Choice Awards: Best Places to Work" - Glassdoor
- 2021 " Best Workplaces in Health Care & Biopharma" - Fortune
- 2020 "America's Best Employers in New York State" - Forbes
- 2020 "Working Mother 100 Best Companies" - Working Mother
- 2020 "Best Companies for Multicultural Women" - Working Mother
- 2020 "Best Workplace for Men in Nursing" - American Association for Men in Nursing
- Discover why at: nyp.org/careers
NewYork-Presbyterian Hospital is an equal opportunity employer.
It all begins with you. Our amazing compensation packages start with competitive base pay and include recognition for your experience, education, and licensure. Then we add our amazing benefits, countless opportunities for personal and professional growth and a dynamic environment that embraces every person. Join our team and discover where amazing works.