Director of Support Services
LocationNew York, New York
Shift:Day (United States of America)
A Top-Notch Caring Environment:
Support Services Professionals Make It Possible
At NewYork-Presbyterian Columbia Irving Medical Center we are dedicated to serving the health care needs of our community in a compassionate, respectful manner. Our support services department is committed to providing a safe, comfortable and welcoming environment for our neighbors and their families when they are here as patients or visitors. From friendly smiles and conversations, to the continuous focus on infection control, our Support Services professionals help to provide a positive experience for everyone within our hospital. If you’re ready to play a key leadership role in the care and caring of our patients, explore this position:
Director of Support Services
Responsible for directing all operations and budgets for the Environmental Services, Waste Management, Patient Transport and Linen Services departments. Ensures a 24/7 clean, safe and sanitary environment for patients, staff and visitors in order to maximize customer and staff satisfaction. Responsible for the operations, activities and financial management of these Support Services departments. The goals of the position are to obtain and maintain the highest quality clean environment, maximize employee relations and satisfaction, drive outstanding patient satisfaction results and meet and/or beat the budget targets as established by the Vice President of Support Services/Patient Centered Care.
- Master’s Degree
- Support Service background
- Bachelor’s Degree
- 7 years of relevant progressive leadership experience
- Experience leading in a union environment
- Strong demonstrated complete understanding of Support Services in a hospital environment.
- Experience with patient, customer, and staff satisfaction strategies is a critical success factor
- Interpersonal skills to communicate effectively with hospital personnel and with subordinate hospital personnel
- Excellent customer service skills with experience in healthcare or preferably a hospitality industry setting
Join a healthcare system where employee engagement is at an all-time high. Here we foster a culture of respect, diversity, and inclusion. Enjoy comprehensive and competitive benefits that support you and your family in every aspect of life. Start your life-changing journey today.
- 2021 "Employees' Choice Awards: Best Places to Work" - Glassdoor
- 2021 " Best Workplaces in Health Care & Biopharma" - Fortune
- 2020 "America's Best Employers in New York State" - Forbes
- 2020 "Working Mother 100 Best Companies" - Working Mother
- 2020 "Best Companies for Multicultural Women" - Working Mother
- 2020 "Best Workplace for Men in Nursing" - American Association for Men in Nursing
- Discover why at: nyp.org/careers
NewYork-Presbyterian Hospital is an equal opportunity employer.