Clinical Nurse Manager - 7pm to 8:30am - Emergency Room - Columbia University Irving Medical Center
LocationNew York, New York
Shift:Night (United States of America)
Team-Driven Nursing Excellence:
Clinical Nurse Manager - Adult Emergency Department - 7:00pm to 8:30am - Columbia University Irving Medical Center
At NewYork-Presbyterian Hospital, Emergency Department (ED) nursing is a moment-to-moment, career-transforming experience. Here, ED nurses independently assess conditions and rapidly arrange multidisciplinary care, identify challenges, comfort families and organize teams when every second counts. As a designated 911 receiving hospital, our facilities include Level I Trauma Centers for both adult and pediatric patients, a Psychiatric Emergency Receiving Center, a citywide Burn Center and more. Across all departments, our nurses collaborate with paramedics, physicians and others to use induced hypothermia, digital radiology and other novel techniques. With each innovation, we're impacting the future of emergency medical care.
Bring your passion for team-building to New York Presbyterian, and drive nursing excellence across our Emergency Department at Columbia University Medical Center. Coordinate all aspects of clinical care to ensure the delivery of high-quality, family-centered services to our patients. Assist with unit administration, including the management of staffing needs. Counsel staff RN's on a regular basis, providing clinical education and conducting follow-up procedures as necessary. Foster collaboration and independent thinking. Lead and round with the night staff. Mentor, coach, and implement performance and quality improvement.
This position will be 7:00 pm to 8:30am, including rotating weekends. The position is for New York Presbyterian/Columbia University Irving Medical Center.
- Master's degree
- Bachelors of Science in Nursing (BSN)
- Current New York State registration to practice nursing
- Minimum of 3 years of Emergency Room clinical experience
- Demonstrated leadership competencies as Charge Nurse
- Certified Emergency Nurse Certification
Join a healthcare system where employee engagement is at an all-time high. Here we foster a culture of respect, diversity, and inclusion. Enjoy comprehensive and competitive benefits that support you and your family in every aspect of life. Start your life-changing journey today.
- 2021 "Employees' Choice Awards: Best Places to Work" - Glassdoor
- 2021 " Best Workplaces in Health Care & Biopharma" - Fortune
- 2020 "America's Best Employers in New York State" - Forbes
- 2020 "Working Mother 100 Best Companies" - Working Mother
- 2020 "Best Companies for Multicultural Women" - Working Mother
- 2020 "Best Workplace for Men in Nursing" - American Association for Men in Nursing
- Discover why at: nyp.org/careers
NewYork-Presbyterian Hospital is an equal opportunity employer.