Clinical Nurse Manager - Days - Adult Oncology Infusion Center - Columbia University Irving Medical Center
LocationNew York, New York
Shift:Day (United States of America)
Be a patient advocate in the truest form.
Oncology Nursing at Columbia University Medical Center.
Clinical Nurse Manager - RN - Days - Adult Outpatient Oncology Infusion Center - Columbia University Irving Medical Center
At NewYork-Presbyterian, Oncology nurses are at the forefront of a bold new era in compassionate care. We recently delivered intra-arterial Avastin directly into a malignant brain tumor, the first time this approach has ever been used. We pioneered use of low-dose CT scanning for early detection of lung cancer, and more breakthroughs are on the way. Here, courageous nurses administer chemotherapy, manage symptoms, support patients and educate families, all while serving as the nerve center of extensive multidisciplinary teams.
In this role, you’ll help oversee the daily clinical operations for the Adult Oncology Outpatient Infusion Center. You’ll have the opportunity to help focus initiatives on our journey to excellence while fostering relationships and engagement in the patient experience. Help mentor, supervise and evaluate the team to reach their full potential and inspire continued professional growth. Regularly assess unit operations and identify process improvements to enhance the patient experience. Seize this exciting opportunity to develop as a transformation leader via shared governance, on our Magnet journey.
At NewYork-Presbyterian, nursing is a life-changing career journey focused on amazing patient outcomes every step of the way. Each of our nurses dares to be truly excellent – thriving in a compassionate culture of care and caring. Together, we improve the health of patients and their families, making our communities – and the world – stronger. You’ll work with the brightest minds in healthcare to make tomorrow better for countless human beings. It’s the kind of nursing that requires an unwavering commitment to excellence and a constant spirit of professionalism. And it’s your opportunity to enjoy flexible scheduling, shared clinical decision-making, inspirational leadership, supportive colleagues and much more. Now, you have the opportunity to join us.
This is a full time position from 8:00am-4:30pm, 5 days a week, at NewYork-Presbyterian / Columbia University Irving Medical Center.
- Previous leadership and collaborative experience
- Enrolled in Master's Degree of Nursing or related field
- Strong business acumen and communication
- Previous Hematology / Oncology / BMT / Infusion experience
- At least 5 years of RN experience in Oncology in inpatient or outpatient setting
- Experience in chemotherapy administration
- Bachelor’s Degree in Nursing or related field
- Current New York State RN license or willingness to obtain
- Oncology Certified Nurse (OCN) or Advanced Oncology (AOCN) certified
- BCLS certification
Join a healthcare system where employee engagement is at an all-time high. Here we foster a culture of respect, diversity, and inclusion. Enjoy comprehensive and competitive benefits that support you and your family in every aspect of life. Start your life-changing journey today.
- #1 in New York, "America's Best Hospitals 2020-2021." - U.S.News & World Report
- 2021 "Employees' Choice Awards: Best Places to Work" - Glassdoor
- 2021 " Best Workplaces in Health Care & Biopharma" - Fortune
- 2020 "America's Best Employers in New York State" - Forbes
- 2020 "Working Mother 100 Best Companies" - Working Mother
- 2020 "Best Companies for Multicultural Women" - Working Mother
- 2020 "Best Workplace for Men in Nursing" - American Association for Men in Nursing
Discover why we're #1 in New York and a best employer at: nyp.org/careers
NewYork-Presbyterian Hospital is an equal opportunity employer.