Clinical Laboratory Technologist
LocationNew York, New York
Shift:Night Flex (United States of America)
Where Amazing Works:
NewYork-Presbyterian Hospital/ Columbia University Irving Medical Center
Laboratory Technologist - Microbiology - Nights - Full Time
Step into the fast-paced world of New York’s #1-ranked hospital (U.S.News & World Report), where Laboratory Technologists are redefining the limits of science and medicine. With patients from across the globe, we study some of the most complex and rarely seen medical conditions—with unmatched energy and expertise. And we continue this proud tradition of patient-focused achievement through attentive leadership, close interdisciplinary collaboration and state-of-the-art technology. Join us, and become one of the people who Make It Possible.
Here you'll have the opportunity to conduct routine and complex tests on clinical specimens in various areas of the laboratory in microbiology. Troubleshoot instruments and methods. Perform all quality control procedures and assist in the evaluation of new equipment, reagents and methodologies. Calibrate and maintain lab instrumentation. Research and establish new procedures to improve laboratory operations.
This position is from 12:00 am - 8:00 am, including alternate weekends and rotating holidays.
- New graduates welcomed to apply
- ASCP certification
- A Bachelor’s degree in Medical Technology (or equivalent experience)
- New York State Clinical Laboratory Technologist licensure from the New York Education department
Join a hospital where employee engagement is at an all-time high. Enjoy competitive compensation along with benefits such as tuition reimbursement, hospital retirement contributions, and financial planning assistance. Start your life-changing journey today.
- #1 in New York, "America's Best Hospitals 2017-2018." - U.S.News & World Report
- 2019 "Best Places to Work: Employee's Choice." - Glassdoor
- 2018 "Employees' Choice: Top CEOs" - Glassdoor
- 2018 “America’s Best Employers.” - Forbes
- 2018 "150 Top Places to Work in Healthcare." - Becker's Healthcare
- 2018 "Top-Rated Work Places: Best Hospitals" - Indeed
Discover why we're #1 in New York and a best employer at: nyp.org/careers
NewYork-Presbyterian Hospital is an equal opportunity employer.