Clinical Laboratory Technologist - Microbiology - Nights - Competitive Sign-On Bonus
LocationNew York, New York
Shift:Night (United States of America)
Lab Science Saves Lives:
Laboratory Technologists Are Where Amazing Works
Clinical Laboratory Technologist - Microbiology - Nights - Full Time
Step into the fast-paced world of NewYork-Presbyterian Hospital/Columbia University Iriving Medical Center, New York’s #1-ranked hospital (U.S.News & World Report), where Laboratory Technologists are redefining the limits of science and medicine. With patients from across the globe, we study some of the most complex and rarely seen medical conditions—with unmatched energy and expertise. And we continue this proud tradition of patient-focused achievement through attentive leadership, close interdisciplinary collaboration and state-of-the-art technology. Join us, and become one of the people who Make It Possible.
Here you'll have the opportunity to conduct routine and complex tests on clinical specimens in various areas of the laboratory in microbiology. This role will cover all benches including Bacteriology, Molecular, Virology, Mycology, AFB, Parasitology, and Covid testing. Work with advanced instrumentation including Maldi-Tof, BioFire, MicroScan WalkAway, BACTEC FX, and cobas 6800. Troubleshoot instruments and methods. Perform all quality control procedures and assist in the evaluation of new equipment, reagents and methodologies. Calibrate and maintain lab instrumentation. Research and establish new procedures to improve laboratory operations.
This position is Monday - Friday from 12:00am - 8:00am, including alternate weekends and rotating holidays.
Competitive sign-on bonus up to $10K :
New graduates eligible
Experiential bonus commensurate with experience
Additional bonus for night shift
- New graduates welcomed to apply
- ASCP certification
- A Bachelor’s degree in Medical Technology or equivalent
- New York State Clinical Laboratory Technologist licensure from the New York State Education department
Join a healthcare system where employee engagement is at an all-time high. Here we foster a culture of respect, diversity, and inclusion. Enjoy comprehensive and competitive benefits that support you and your family in every aspect of life. Start your life-changing journey today.
- #1 in New York, "America's Best Hospitals 2020-2021." - U.S.News & World Report
- 2021 "Employees' Choice Awards: Best Places to Work" - Glassdoor
- 2021 " Best Workplaces in Health Care & Biopharma" - Fortune
- 2020 "America's Best Employers in New York State" - Forbes
- 2020 "Working Mother 100 Best Companies" - Working Mother
- 2020 "Best Companies for Multicultural Women" - Working Mother
- 2020 "Best Workplace for Men in Nursing" - American Association for Men in Nursing
Discover why we're #1 in New York and a best employer at: nyp.org/careers
NewYork-Presbyterian Hospital is an equal opportunity employer.