Clinical Laboratory Technologist- Blood Bank - Nights - Competitive Sign-On Bonus
LocationNew York, New York
Shift:Night (United States of America)
Where Amazing Works:
Blood Bank Technologists - Transfusion Medicine - Nights
As the largest and busiest Transfusion Medicine Department in New York, we set the standards for our field. Our Technologists are conducting the widest array of testing in this fast-paced, high-volume environment. Here, you will gain more experience with analysis not being performed anywhere else, including rare opportunities with antibody identification and immunohematology problems. Combined with the stem cell capabilities of our Cellular Therapy Department, we offer unlimited opportunities to advance your expertise.
Perform laboratory procedures in preparing in dispensing blood and blood products as ordered by physicians. Be at the forefront of maintaining inventory blood and blood products for our patients in accordance with departmental guidelines. In addition to gel technology, our state-of-the-art facilities utilize four Provue analyzers and two of the latest Galileo analyzers for testing with solid phase methodology. Here, you will experience a high level of clinical interaction within a collegial team that encourages innovative thinking. With our recent increase in solid organ transplants, we are currently increasing our staff to meet the needs of a growing department. Experience life at our fast paced hospital. Meet the amazing people, Making It Possible.
This position is from 12:00am - 8:00am, including alternate weekends and rotating holidays. New grads are welcome to apply. Location is our Columbia campus in Upper Manhattan/Washington Heights.
Competitive sign-on bonus up to $10K :
New graduates eligible
Experiential bonus commensurate with experience
Additional bonus for night shift
- At least 2 years experience as a Laboratory Technologist
- ASCP certification
- Bachelors Degree in Medical Technology or any other health science related field
- New York State Clinical Laboratory Technologist from New York Education Department
Join a healthcare system where employee engagement is at an all-time high. Here we foster a culture of respect, diversity, and inclusion. Enjoy comprehensive and competitive benefits that support you and your family in every aspect of life. Start your life-changing journey today.
- #1 in New York, "America's Best Hospitals 2020-2021." - U.S.News & World Report
- 2021 "Employees' Choice Awards: Best Places to Work" - Glassdoor
- 2021 " Best Workplaces in Health Care & Biopharma" - Fortune
- 2020 "America's Best Employers in New York State" - Forbes
- 2020 "Working Mother 100 Best Companies" - Working Mother
- 2020 "Best Companies for Multicultural Women" - Working Mother
- 2020 "Best Workplace for Men in Nursing" - American Association for Men in Nursing
Discover why we're #1 in New York and a best employer at: nyp.org/careers
NewYork-Presbyterian Hospital is an equal opportunity employer.