LocationNew York, New York
Shift:Day (United States of America)
High-Quality Facilities for Patient Care:
Make It Possible at NewYork-Presbyterian
At NewYork-Presbyterian Hospital, we are changing lives with Amazing facilities for care. We are earth-conscious, patient-focused and finding new ways to efficiently operate our four million square foot campus. Explore this opportunity to join our team of dedicated facilities members.
In this role you will perform tasks such as building tables, benches, partitions, dollies, shelves, etc. You will cut and shape wood to specifications, and finish wood by using planes and sanding. You’ll construct and repair countertops made from laminates and other materials including solid surface materials. You will repair, service and perform alterations on desks, chairs, cabinets, shelves, etc. You’ll execute gluing, nailing and/or replacing damaged parts. You will work from print(s) and drawings as required. You’ll construct and finish walls, ceilings, doorways, floors as related to General Construction and install, repair, service and replace ceiling materials and flooring. This is a position with no supervisory responsibility.
This is a full time day position (8:00am to 4:00pm) working Saturdays and Sundays, with 3 days during the week. This position is located at NewYork-Presbyterian/Columbia University Irving Medical Center.
- High School Diploma or GED
- Minimum of three years of carpentry/construction experience
Join a healthcare system where employee engagement is at an all-time high. Here we foster a culture of respect, diversity, and inclusion. Enjoy comprehensive and competitive benefits that support you and your family in every aspect of life. Start your life-changing journey today.
- #1 in New York, "America's Best Hospitals 2021-2022." - U.S.News & World Report
- 2021 "Employees' Choice Awards: Best Places to Work" - Glassdoor
- 2021 " Best Workplaces in Health Care & Biopharma" - Fortune
- 2020 "America's Best Employers in New York State" - Forbes
- 2020 "Working Mother 100 Best Companies" - Working Mother
- 2020 "Best Companies for Multicultural Women" - Working Mother
- 2020 "Best Workplace for Men in Nursing" - American Association for Men in Nursing
Discover why we're #1 in New York and a best employer at: nyp.org/careers
NewYork-Presbyterian Hospital is an equal opportunity employer.