LocationNew York, New York
Shift:Day (United States of America)
Join the Information Technology team at New York’s #1-ranked hospital.
This is your opportunity to provide world class technology solutions that will directly impact the quality of a patient’s life. At New York Presbyterian Hospital Information Technology is at the forefront of our patient experience. Joining our team will give you the opportunity to develop your career while creating solutions and services that will improve the welfare of others. If growing your career in technology while creating solutions that improve the lives of others inspires you, then a career at New York Presbyterian Hospital awaits you.
The VDI engineer will be responsible for the design, implementation and administration of the organization's Citrix XenDesktop VDI environment. This individual must have experience managing a large Citrix VDI environment (5000+ VDIs). The candidate must have excellent communication skills, and provide outstanding customer service.
The responsibilities of this role include:
- Administration of the Citrix XenDesktop 7.15 (VDI) environment
- Design and management of supporting VDI technologies; Citrix Provisioning Services (PVS), App Layering, and Profile Manager (CPM)
- Monitoring and optimization of the VDI environment’s performance
- Forecasting and capacity planning of the VDI environment, stress testing
- Management of VDI environment’s Business Continuity and Disaster Recovery program
- Administration of Dell WYSE thin client policies
- Work in collaboration with other departments to develop VDI systems in support of their projects or mission.
- Masters in Computer Science or related discipline
- Strong knowledge of Citrix XenApp/XenDesktop 7.15, Provisioning Services (PVS), and StoreFront
- Strong, working knowledge of Windows server 2012/2016, Active Directory, and Group Policies
- Working knowledge of VMware vSphere
- Fundamental understanding of network topology
- Fundamental understanding of Cloud Infrastructure (AWS, Azure)
- Basic understanding of storage solutions (NAS, SAN storage)
- Scripting abilities (Powershell)
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science/related discipline or related work experience
- Five to seven years’ work experience
Join a hospital where employee engagement is at an all-time high. Enjoy competitive compensation along with benefits such as tuition reimbursement, hospital retirement contributions, and financial planning assistance. Start your life-changing journey today.
- #1 in New York, "America's Best Hospitals 2017-2018." - U.S.News & World Report
- 2019 "Best Places to Work: Employee's Choice." - Glassdoor
- 2018 "Employees' Choice: Top CEOs" - Glassdoor
- 2018 “America’s Best Employers.” - Forbes
- 2018 "150 Top Places to Work in Healthcare." - Becker's Healthcare
- 2018 "Top-Rated Work Places: Best Hospitals" - Indeed
Discover why we're #1 in New York and a best employer at: nyp.org/careers
NewYork-Presbyterian Hospital is an equal opportunity employer.