Therapist Child Life-General Pediatrics-Full Time -Days
LocationNew York, New York
Shift:Day (United States of America)
All-Embracing Pediatric Care:
Child Life Therapists Make It Possible
Child-Life Specialist - 6 North General Pediatrics Inpatient Pediatric Unit - Days
At NewYork-Presbyterian, we’re uniting the brightest minds in pediatric care to support the health and happiness of our patients. Join us. Step into a dynamic Child Life Department to work side-by-side with respected leaders of our field. In a culture of leadership and legendary patient focus, you can be a key part of Making It Possible:
Support the psychosocial needs of children and families as a Child-Life Specialist at New York’s #1 hospital (U.S. News & World Report, 2015-2016). Join a high-functioning team of professionals specially trained in patient stresses, responses and emotional needs, and bring new meaning to multidisciplinary excellence. In this role, you will work specifically in Inpatient General Pediatrics. Join us, and transform your career within a comprehensive Ivy League teaching hospital, ranked among the top ten children’s hospitals in the nation (U.S. News & World Report).
- 1-2 years paid professional experience with hospitalized children
- Bachelor’s Degree in Child Life, Child Development or closely related field
- Child Life Council verified internship hours (minimum 480 hours) (Association of Child Life Professionals)
- Certified Child Life Specialist
- Knowledge of child development, medical terminology, developmental/therapeutic play
Join a hospital where employee engagement is at an all-time high. Enjoy competitive compensation along with benefits such as tuition reimbursement, hospital retirement contributions, and financial planning assistance. Start your life-changing journey today.
- #1 in New York, "America's Best Hospitals 2017-2018." - U.S.News & World Report
- 2019 "Best Places to Work: Employee's Choice." - Glassdoor
- 2018 "Employees' Choice: Top CEOs" - Glassdoor
- 2018 “America’s Best Employers.” - Forbes
- 2018 "150 Top Places to Work in Healthcare." - Becker's Healthcare
- 2018 "Top-Rated Work Places: Best Hospitals" - Indeed
Discover why we're #1 in New York and a best employer at: nyp.org/careers
NewYork-Presbyterian Hospital is an equal opportunity employer.