Telemetry Tech - Full Time Days
LocationNew York, New York
Shift:Day Flex (United States of America)
The Heartbeat of Care:
You Make It Possible
Telemetry Technician - Full-Time - Days
Shine at the patient's side as a Telemetry Technician at NewYork-Presbyterian. Monitor one of the most vital measurements of life, health and success for our patients: their heartbeat. Be the eyes and ears of your colleagues by observing electrocardiogram (EKG) patterns. Note the patient's rhythm and alert nurses and physicians of changes or arrhythmic behavior. Make it possible for patients in the most sensitive of conditions by making excellence a personal matter.
Work directly with the Patient Care Director to closely monitor EKG patterns of select patients placed on telemetry monitoring. Visualize the patient's EKG rhythm relative to predetermined parameters using high-tech equipment. Document cardiac activity, observe arrhythmia and inform the appropriate nurse or physician of changes.
This is a full-time day shift position 7:00AM - 7:30PM including weekends and holidays, located at NYP/ Weill Cornell Medical Center.
- Previous Telemetry or Electrocardiogram (EKG) experience
- Basic computer literacy
- High School diploma or GED
- One year experience in hospital setting and patient care capacity
Join a healthcare system where employee engagement is at an all-time high. Here we foster a culture of respect, diversity, and inclusion. Enjoy comprehensive and competitive benefits that support you and your family in every aspect of life. Start your life-changing journey today.
- #1 in New York, "America's Best Hospitals 2021-2022." - U.S.News & World Report
- 2021 "Employees' Choice Awards: Best Places to Work" - Glassdoor
- 2021 " Best Workplaces in Health Care & Biopharma" - Fortune
- 2020 "America's Best Employers in New York State" - Forbes
- 2020 "Working Mother 100 Best Companies" - Working Mother
- 2020 "Best Companies for Multicultural Women" - Working Mother
- 2020 "Best Workplace for Men in Nursing" - American Association for Men in Nursing
Discover why we're #1 in New York and a best employer at: nyp.org/careers
NewYork-Presbyterian Hospital is an equal opportunity employer.