Technician Hemodialysis-Part Time- Evenings
LocationNew York, New York
Shift:Evening (United States of America)
Hemodialysis Technician - Part Time - Evenings
Step into NewYork-Presbyterian Hospital, the #1 hospital in New York and the nation’s #3 Nephrology program (U.S. News, America’s Best Hospitals 2014-15). Last year, we delivered best-in-class care to over 20,000 dialysis patients.
The Certified Hemodialysis Technician in the Hemodialysis Unit work closely with Registered l Nurses in providing support. Hemodialysis Technicians' assume primary responsibility for the operation and safety of the dialysis and apheresis equipment utilized in the delivery of renal replacement therapies in the Hemodialysis Unit. Assist in the planning, implementation and evaluation of patients receiving renal replacement therapies and apheresis therapies as delegated and supervised by the RN. Performs selected duties to maintain a safe, neat and clean patient environment.
This is a part time evenings position at NewYork-Presbyterian/Weill Cornell Medical Center.
- High School Diploma or GED
- Certified Clinical Hemodialysis Technician (CCHT) offered by Nephrology Nursing Certification Commission (NNCC) or The Board of Nephrology Examiners for Nursing Technology (BONENT) or National Nephrology Certification Organization (NNCO)
- At least one year experience in a renal treatment center, other relevant acute care dialysis setting, or medical Surgical Technician required
- Current CPR Training from the American Heart Association
Join a hospital where employee engagement is at an all-time high. Enjoy competitive compensation along with benefits such as tuition reimbursement, hospital retirement contributions, and financial planning assistance. Start your life-changing journey today.
- #1 in New York, "America's Best Hospitals 2017-2018." - U.S.News & World Report
- 2018 "Best Places to Work: Employee's Choice." - Glassdoor
- 2018 "Employees' Choice: Top CEOs" - Glassdoor
- 2018 “America’s Best Employers.” - Forbes
- 2018 "150 Top Places to Work in Healthcare." - Becker's Healthcare
- 2018 "Top-Rated Work Places: Best Hospitals" - Indeed
Discover why we're #1 in New York and a best employer at: nyp.org/careers
NewYork-Presbyterian Hospital is an equal opportunity employer.