System Administrator II - Windows Server and VMWare
LocationNew York, New York
Shift:Day (United States of America)
Information Technology – Impacting Lives
System Administrator II - Windows Server and VMWare Virtualization
Bring your talents to New York’s #1-ranked hospital, where technology is supporting the delivery of top-notch care and caring. Across our state-of-the-art organization, your work will help ensure that systems, applications and devices are performing at their best so our team can perform at its best. It’s the kind of career that’s essential to improving the lives of countless human beings. Find out how you can Make It Possible.
Under supervision of the IT Manager, the System Administrator II is responsible for the deployment configuration and maintenance of the Windows Server Infrastructure and Virtual Environments. This position ensures the performance, integrity, security and reliability of system components.
This position will be located at our corporate offices in midtown Manhattan and will require some evening and weekend on-call rotations.
- Master's degree
- Proficiency with VMWare Automation and High Availability – vRealize Operations, vRealize Orchestration, Site Recovery Manager and NSX
- Experience with Cisco UCS Technologies –UCS Fabric Interconnects, Chassis, B and C Series hardware, UCS Central
- Proficiency with Powershell, VB, Python and other scripting languages
- Proficiency with Cloud and Cloud Automation, including Azure, AWS and Terraform
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience
- 3+ years experience in Microsoft Windows Server Administration, Networking, Active Directory, Failover Clustering, Powershell
- 3+ years experience with VMWare vSphere 6.0, 6.5, 7.0 Virtualization – Implementation, Configuration and Administration
- Strong communication, interpersonal and customer service skills to instill trust and effectively collaborate
Join a hospital where employee engagement is at an all-time high. Enjoy competitive compensation along with benefits such as tuition reimbursement, hospital retirement contributions, and financial planning assistance. Start your life-changing journey today.
- #1 in New York, "America's Best Hospitals 2019-2020." - U.S.News & World Report
- 2019 "Best Places to Work: Employee's Choice." - Glassdoor
- 2019 "Employees' Choice: Top CEOs" - Glassdoor
- 2019 "America's Best Employers in New York State" - Forbes
- 2019 "150 Top Places to Work in Healthcare." - Becker's Healthcare
- 2019 "Top-Rated Work Places: Best Hospitals" - Indeed
Discover why we're #1 in New York and a best employer at: nyp.org/careers
NewYork-Presbyterian Hospital is an equal opportunity employer.