Superintendent - Westchester
LocationNew York, New York
Shift:Day Flex (United States of America)
Go Beyond Repairs. Upgrade Facilities at NYP.
Utilize your talents and join the facilities team at NewYork-Presbyterian Hospital/Westchester
Join an atmosphere of excellence where there's no such thing as a typical day. Then, take part in the decision making process. Actively improve facilities by providing direct input to managers. Deliver the same care to NYP that NYP delivers to its patients. You can make it possible.
As the Superintendent/HVAC Engineer you will respond to and document all maintenance issues. Then, perform the general, routine and preventative maintenance needed to keep the facility running. You will inspect, maintain and coordinate activities relating to operations and maintenance of power, heating, cooling, plumbing and fire systems of NYP facilities.
- Inspects NYP facilities for deficiencies and performs or coordinates the remediation of such deficiencies. Confers with the occupants to analyze complaints or work orders and address accordingly.
- Acts as a liaison between NYP staff, landlord and support service groups to address complaints or concerns.
- Monitors and makes adjustments to HVAC systems to maintain a comfortable environment. Inspects and maintains building systems (HVAC, Electrical, Plumbing, Fire alarm / suppression) to ensure proper and optimal performance.
- Coordinates work with trades and contractors on various projects and maintenance contracts.
- Performs or coordinates the testing of building systems to ensure compliance with regulatory agencies.
- Additional experience in electrical and plumbing are highly preferred
- Driver’s license
- Ability to travel to different offsite locations
- High School Diploma or GED
- Minimum 5 years documented experience in maintenance and repair of HVAC/R systems
- Certification from an accredited technical school in HVAC/R systems
- EPA certification for recovery of refrigerant
Join a hospital where employee engagement is at an all-time high. Enjoy competitive compensation along with benefits such as tuition reimbursement, hospital retirement contributions, and financial planning assistance. Start your life-changing journey today.
- #1 in New York, "America's Best Hospitals 2017-2018." - U.S.News & World Report
- 2019 "Best Places to Work: Employee's Choice." - Glassdoor
- 2018 "Employees' Choice: Top CEOs" - Glassdoor
- 2018 “America’s Best Employers.” - Forbes
- 2018 "150 Top Places to Work in Healthcare." - Becker's Healthcare
- 2018 "Top-Rated Work Places: Best Hospitals" - Indeed
Discover why we're #1 in New York and a best employer at: nyp.org/careers
NewYork-Presbyterian Hospital is an equal opportunity employer.