Summer 2020 Finance Internship Program
LocationNew York, New York
Shift:Day (United States of America)
Invest in Your Future and Ours
Summer 2020 Finance Internship Program
The NewYork-Presbyterian Finance Summer Intern Program educates undergraduate students on the overall financial operations of a hospital. The program is designed for those who are interested in the business aspect of healthcare and eager to explore the many facets of healthcare management.
The program will expose students to Senior Hospital Administration both within and outside of Finance as well as provide them with real-world experience in the corporate world. The program intends to create a pipeline of talent for future full–time employment post-graduation.
What You Can Expect:
The Internship is an 8-week program based in New York City starting in early June. At the end of the program, students present their project results to the Chief Financial Officer, Finance Senior Leadership, Project Hosts and their Mentors.
Project work. Students are assigned to Finance projects in departments including Revenue Cycle Operations, Accounting, Patient Financial Services, Insurance, 340B, Procurement & Strategic Sourcing and HERCULES. Many projects involve cost analysis, process evaluation, financial reporting, report creation, hospital dashboards, and budgeting and accounting functions.
Mentor program. Each intern is assigned a mentor who offers support and guidance throughout the summer. Mentors are hand-selected from the Finance department and help mentees envision and take steps toward the careers they desire.
Hospital tours. To put their project work in perspective, interns are given tours of the various NYP campuses. Operational leaders explain connections to intern projects and provide the full picture of organizational activity.
Exposure to Senior Leadership. NYP leaders across many departments devote time to meet with the interns and share their personal stories, career paths, and invaluable professional advice.
Networking opportunities. From Meet & Greets to lunch sessions, the interns have many opportunities to partake in networking opportunities with employees across the organization.
Team building events. The program allows for creative ways to promote team bonding that fosters the culture of NYP.
The internship is designed for students with a distinct interest in the healthcare field. The internship is not intended for students who wish to pursue careers in investment banking or those only demonstrate a pure finance interest.
2020 Internship Dates: June 8, 2020 – July 31, 2020
- Undergraduate students graduating in 2021 or 2022
- Majoring in Health/Hospital Administration, Finance, Financial Management, Business Administration and Management, or Accounting
- Genuine interest in finance and healthcare
- Completion of a Finance or Accounting course
- Experience with Microsoft Excel and Microsoft PowerPoint
- Exceptional communication, analytical and problem solving skills
- Excellent organizational skills and ability to multitask
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced, collaborative environment
- Highly inquisitive, focused and proactive
- Good judgment and discretion when working with confidential information
- Enrollment in a Bachelor’s Program
Join a hospital where employee engagement is at an all-time high. Enjoy competitive compensation along with benefits such as tuition reimbursement, hospital retirement contributions, and financial planning assistance. Start your life-changing journey today.
- #1 in New York, "America's Best Hospitals 2019-2020." - U.S.News & World Report
- 2019 "Best Places to Work: Employee's Choice." - Glassdoor
- 2019 "Employees' Choice: Top CEOs" - Glassdoor
- 2019 "America's Best Employers in New York State" - Forbes
- 2019 "150 Top Places to Work in Healthcare." - Becker's Healthcare
- 2018 "Top-Rated Work Places: Best Hospitals" - Indeed
Discover why we're #1 in New York and a best employer at: nyp.org/careers
NewYork-Presbyterian Hospital is an equal opportunity employer.