Strategic Marketing Manager
LocationNew York, New York
Shift:Day (United States of America)
The pandemic has accelerated the wave of healthcare consumerism and has emphasized the importance of engaging digitally with patients. It has also highlighted the need to reach consumers in innovative and personalized ways to be a part of their health and wellness narrative to ensure they choose NewYork-Presbyterian (NYP) for their primary and specialty medical care. NewYork-Presbyterian is one of the nation’s most comprehensive, integrated academic healthcare systems, affiliated with two world-class medical schools and ranked #1 in New York by U.S. News & World Report. Come join the Office of Marketing & Communications where you’ll have the opportunity to work alongside a team of Marketing pros with a strategic focus dedicated to promoting and enhancing NewYork-Presbyterian’s reputation as the preferred provider of health care in the New York area and beyond. Reporting to the Director of Service Line Marketing:
Defining, designing and executing integrated marketing and communication strategies for NYP Service Lines. The responsibility of the individual will be to drive strategy, awareness, consideration and measured growth to increase market share and competitive rankings. This includes managing the relationship with the Service Line team and stakeholders to understand performance, economics, innovations, competitive differentiators and challenges to design strategies that position NYP as the choice for healthcare. He/she will serve as a lead strategist and partner to the Service Line bringing a sense of knowledge, experience, marketing expertise and broad influencing and leadership skills to the role. He/she will deliver near term strategies to deliver growth among priority lines (eg: Cardiology, Neurosciences, Women and Children, Orthopedics, Oncology, Pediatrics, etc…), but also development of the Service Line strategy on a yearly outlook, bringing new, innovative ideas to the Service Line marketing that can differentiate from the competition. To deliver against the goals, he/she will partner across Marketing and Communications to leverage expertise and galvanize the team to develop and implement end-to-end data-driven strategies across the customer lifecycle from acquisition to engagement including advertising, media, social, content, digital and performance marketing online and offline. They will work across the Marketing and Communications teams to design and execute the strategies to pull through the strategy and execution into market to meet NYP goals. This individual will also be responsible for focusing on localized marketing and promotion to improve NYP’s presence in community, philanthropy, and support of the hospital’s regional footprint amongst consumers and physicians.
Essential Job Duties
- Develop and execute comprehensive and measured marketing strategies for service lines to create awareness and consideration, acquire new customers and engage customers to choose NYP for all their needs over a lifetime.
- Maintains and fosters relations with Service Line partners, Physicians, Marketing and Communications teams to collaborate on planning, market design, and execution
- Understand Marketing ecosystem and look across opportunities to identify the needs and priorities for each Service Line and Regional focus
- Effectively communicate the strategic plans for the service lines and regions, to gain buy-in and engagement to operationalize and promote the work.
- Design all work with a message, style and voice that develops the master NewYork-Presbyterian brand.
- Effectively manage across traditional, digital, and creative agency partners developing impactful omnichannel strategies that support business objectives
- Ensure a crisp understanding of consumer insights and industry leading marketing initiatives to continuously improve the competitive position and rankings, penetrate target segments and ultimately drive growth and loyalty for NYP.
- Proactively monitor competitive actions and react appropriately to manage market share and competitive position.
- Develop marketing budgets, plans, and allocations across the Service Lines and regions with a focus on optimizing return on investment, evaluating success with defined metrics and continuously setting targets for growth and efficiency considering best-in-class benchmarks.
- Partner and implement new opportunities and partnerships that come into the business that will improve and support Service Line awareness and engagement across patients and physicians
- Provide day to day management, technical and financial direction in conjunction with department initiatives and goals. Mentors and develops an extensive marketing team.
- Partner with IT, Business Development, Digital Marketing and media agencies to manage a measurement platform for Marketing that measures both KPIs and financial impacts and establishes best-in-class benchmarks for Marketing strategies
- Bachelor’s degree from a recognized college or university.
- A minimum 8-10 years digital marketing experience with a corporation or advertising agency.
- Must have outstanding interpersonal and communications skills, a proven track record of success.
- Working knowledge in CRM, Marketing Automation and Analytics tools.
- Demonstrated experience in synthesizing data into stories.
- Must have outstanding interpersonal and communication skills.
- Ability to work independently, and to be able to communicate directly with various personnel at the hospital such as physicians, their staff and other healthcare professionals.
- Working knowledge of MS Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Project and Outlook).
- Must be skilled at executing within tight timeframes with attention to detail and accuracy.
Join a healthcare system where employee engagement is at an all-time high. Here we foster a culture of respect, diversity, and inclusion. Enjoy comprehensive and competitive benefits that support you and your family in every aspect of life. Start your life-changing journey today.
- #1 in New York, "America's Best Hospitals 2021-2022." - U.S.News & World Report
- 2021 "Employees' Choice Awards: Best Places to Work" - Glassdoor
- 2021 " Best Workplaces in Health Care & Biopharma" - Fortune
- 2020 "America's Best Employers in New York State" - Forbes
- 2020 "Working Mother 100 Best Companies" - Working Mother
- 2020 "Best Companies for Multicultural Women" - Working Mother
- 2020 "Best Workplace for Men in Nursing" - American Association for Men in Nursing
Discover why we're #1 in New York and a best employer at: nyp.org/careers
NewYork-Presbyterian Hospital is an equal opportunity employer.