Staff Nurse - RN - Medical Oncology - Per Diem
LocationNew York, New York
Shift:Night Flex (United States of America)
Staff Nurse - RN - Medical Oncology
At NewYork-Presbyterian, oncology nurses are at the forefront of a bold new era in compassionate care. We house one of only 20 National Cancer Institute-designated centers for pediatric Phase I trials in the nation. We delivered intra-arterial Avastin directly into a malignant brain tumor, the first time this approach has ever been used. We pioneered use of low-dose CT scanning for early detection of lung cancer, and more breakthroughs are on the way. Here, courageous nurses administer chemotherapy, manage symptoms, support patients and educate families, all while serving as the nerve center of extensive multidisciplinary teams.
In this autonomous role as a nurse, you will administer chemotherapy to patients. Utilize your in depth knowledge to mold yourself into a resource for patients and their families, and for other staff nurses. Take advantage of your time to provide education to your nursing colleagues focusing on amazing patient outcomes. Work together and improve the health of patients and their families, making our communities – and the world – stronger.
And it’s your opportunity to be a part of shared clinical decision-making, inspirational leadership, supportive colleagues and much more. Now, you have the opportunity to join us.
This is a per diem 12-hour night shifts position at NewYork-Presbyterian/ Columbia University Medical Center
- Oncology Nursing Certification
- At least one year of acute care RN experience in oncology
- Bachelor’s Degree in Nursing
- Current New York State RN license (or willingness to obtain)
- BCLS certification
Join a healthcare system where employee engagement is at an all-time high. Here we foster a culture respect, diversity, and inclusion. Enjoy comprehensive and competitive benefits that support you and your family in every aspect of life. Start your life-changing journey today.
- #1 in New York, "America's Best Hospitals 2019-2020." - U.S.News & World Report
- 2019 "Best Places to Work: Employee's Choice." - Glassdoor
- 2019 "Employees' Choice: Top CEOs" - Glassdoor
- 2019 "America's Best Employers in New York State" - Forbes
- 2019 "150 Top Places to Work in Healthcare." - Becker's Healthcare
- 2019 "Top-Rated Work Places: Best Hospitals" - Indeed
Discover why we're #1 in New York and a best employer at: nyp.org/careers
NewYork-Presbyterian Hospital is an equal opportunity employer.