LocationNew York, New York
Shift:Day (United States of America)
Staff Assistant - Transplant Access Unit
As the #1-ranked hospital in New York (U.S.News & World Report), NewYork-Presbyterian has a long tradition of bringing hope, health and healing to our communities. Now, we're seeking skilled administrative professionals to help make it possible.
Transform your career as a Staff Assistant at NewYork-Presbyterian Hospital, the nation's largest not-for-profit medical center, and the largest private employer in New York City. Step into our fast-paced and rewarding environment, and keep us performing at the highest level. In this world-class setting, you will provide confidential administrative duties and will assist in the financial clearance process of pre-transplant patients for all solid organs. The staff assistant will screen insurance benefits and will help keep the entire team informed of any critical information that may affect patient care. Duties include insurance eligibility verifications, specific medical and prescription benefit collection and authorizations for diagnostic imaging. Channel your office acumen and attention to detail in support of life-changing care. Get inspired by our patient-focused team, and feel the pride of making a difference.
Preferred candidates have earned an associate's degree from a recognized college or secretarial school.
- Minimum of two to three years of secretarial experience, supported by a high school diploma or equivalent.
- Candidates must demonstrate proficiency with Microsoft Word and Excel to qualify.
- Must pass data entry test with minimum score of 4500 key strokes per minute.
Join a hospital where employee engagement is at an all-time high. Enjoy competitive compensation along with benefits such as tuition reimbursement, hospital retirement contributions, and financial planning assistance. Start your life-changing journey today.
- #1 in New York, "America's Best Hospitals 2017-2018." - U.S.News & World Report
- 2019 "Best Places to Work: Employee's Choice." - Glassdoor
- 2018 "Employees' Choice: Top CEOs" - Glassdoor
- 2018 “America’s Best Employers.” - Forbes
- 2018 "150 Top Places to Work in Healthcare." - Becker's Healthcare
- 2018 "Top-Rated Work Places: Best Hospitals" - Indeed
Discover why we're #1 in New York and a best employer at: nyp.org/careers
NewYork-Presbyterian Hospital is an equal opportunity employer.