Speech Writer Leadership Communications
LocationNew York, New York
Shift:Day (United States of America)
Drive Excellence in Public Affairs at NewYork-Presbyterian Hospital
Senior Communications Specialist / Speech Writer
Bring your editorial talents to NewYork-Presbyterian, and feel the pride of building on our reputation as a world-class hospital. Across our nationally renowned campuses and network of leading regional hospitals, your work will be essential to the success of numerous initiatives that maximize our visibility and enhance our relationship with the public, including our new digital newsroom. This exciting opportunity is a unique kind of Public Affairs career – one that allows you to create a fresh path for our messaging, while highlighting our achievements and reminding us every day of our mission: Putting Patients First. Find out how you can Make It Possible.
Become a part of the voice of our hospital, in consultation with senior leadership, the Vice President, Directors, Managers and other media relations staff, to create original, written content, that brings positive media attention to our organization. Under the direction of the Editorial Director in the Office of Communications, plan and implement written communication strategy for the department including thought leadership pieces, opinion pieces, speeches, press materials, and other senior leadership communications for external audiences. Provide guidance to senior leadership as well media relations staff in their production of written press materials, including press statements and a wide range of other external communications to ensure consistent style and appropriate messaging. Oversee awards application submissions and other special projects.
- Healthcare experience
- Comfortable working with senior leadership to develop thought leadership and opinion pieces as well as other communications
- Ability to write in any voice or style- familiarity with AP style
- Ability to translate medical terminology into lay language
- College degree in English Journalism, Communications or related field
- A minimum of 7-10 years’ experience in communications, public affairs or journalism, preferably covering healthcare-related topics.
- Excellent writing and proofreading skills
- Ability to write and edit creatively, quickly and concisely
- Must be able to meet tight deadlines and work efficiently
Join a hospital where employee engagement is at an all-time high. Enjoy competitive compensation along with benefits such as tuition reimbursement, hospital retirement contributions, and financial planning assistance. Start your life-changing journey today.
- #1 in New York, "America's Best Hospitals 2017-2018." - U.S.News & World Report
- 2019 "Best Places to Work: Employee's Choice." - Glassdoor
- 2018 "Employees' Choice: Top CEOs" - Glassdoor
- 2018 “America’s Best Employers.” - Forbes
- 2018 "150 Top Places to Work in Healthcare." - Becker's Healthcare
- 2018 "Top-Rated Work Places: Best Hospitals" - Indeed
Discover why we're #1 in New York and a best employer at: nyp.org/careers
NewYork-Presbyterian Hospital is an equal opportunity employer.