Specialist Communications Emergency Medical Services
LocationNew York, New York
Shift:Day Flex (United States of America)
World-Renowned Emergency Response:
Communication Specialist Make It Possible at NYP
Communication Specialist - EMS
NewYork-Presbyterian is home to the largest hospital-based EMS service in New York City and top-talented Communication Specialists help make Make It Possible. In 1986, our service became one of the first participants in the newly formalized New York City 9-1-1 system. In 2001, NYP-EMS unit 10-DAVID was one of the very first resources on the scene of the September 11th attack. Four years later, our state-of-the art mobile command center was the centerpiece of a 10-day disaster recovery mission following Hurricane Katrina.
Today, our team includes over 500 EMTs, paramedics, Communication Specialists and support staff covering a response area of over 1,800 sq. miles. We're expansive, respected and growing and now you can join our team.
The Communications Specialist receives triage and dispatch requests for emergency medical services and ensures appropriate and timely response by emergency personnel. The Communications Specialist is responsible for the operations of the Communications Center and the coordination of EMS staff deployment, vehicle assignments and all operational details key to the safe, efficient and effective operation of the service throughout the tour.
- Dispatch or supervisory experience
- High School Diploma or GED
- Certified New York State Emergency Medical Technician with Defibrillation
Join a hospital where employee engagement is at an all-time high. Enjoy competitive compensation along with benefits such as tuition reimbursement, hospital retirement contributions, and financial planning assistance. Start your life-changing journey today.
- #1 in New York, "America's Best Hospitals 2017-2018." - U.S.News & World Report
- 2018 "Best Places to Work: Employee's Choice." - Glassdoor
- 2018 "Employees' Choice: Top CEOs" - Glassdoor
- 2018 “America’s Best Employers.” - Forbes
- 2018 "150 Top Places to Work in Healthcare." - Becker's Healthcare
- 2018 "Top-Rated Work Places: Best Hospitals" - Indeed
Discover why we're #1 in New York and a best employer at: nyp.org/careers
NewYork-Presbyterian Hospital is an equal opportunity employer.