Social Worker - PEACE - Bi-Lingual Spanish - Columbia- Days
LocationNew York, New York
Shift:Day (United States of America)
Social Work Make It Possible
Social Worker - PEACE Program Bi-Lingual Spanish - Columbia -Days
At NewYork-Presbyterian/ Columbia campus, talented social workers lead, learn and educate in a department like no other. We collaborate across the full spectrum of key areas, providing life-changing research, education and practice. You can help Make It Possible.
Each of our social workers dares to be truly excellent –thriving in a compassionate culture of care and caring. Together, we improve the health of patients and their families, making our communities – and the world – stronger.
We are seeking a Social Worker for our Family PEACE (Preventing Early Adverse Childhood Experiences) Trauma Treatment Center (FPTTC), an outpatient mental health program that provides mental health services to children ages birth to five years of age (0-5), and their primary caregivers, who have been exposed to various forms of trauma including violence and abuse.
The FPTTC is dedicated to improving the safety and well-being of children and caregivers by addressing the psychological impact of trauma exposure, re-establishing safety for the family, improving the quality of parent-child attachment, providing age-appropriate developmental guidance, and improving both parent and child capacity for positive self-regulation and conflict resolution – all in an effort to interrupt the inter-generational transmission of violence and trauma.
The Social Worker will be responsible for tracking and coordinating incoming referrals and screenings, conducting screenings with new families, and carrying a small caseload of patients. Direct services will be provided to young children (0-5) and their caregivers, and siblings ages 6-12 in the form of dyadic, individual, and/or group treatment. Here, you will experience all the reasons why you entered such a rewarding field.
This is a day shift, Monday - Friday position.
- Bilingual Spanish
- Experience working with high risk populations, including domestic violence survivors, victims of child abuse, and or patients with trauma exposure
- Knowledge of early childhood mental health
- Master’s Degree in Social Work (MSW)
- New York State License as a Licensed Masters Social Worker (LMSW)
- If a new graduate Social Worker, Limited Permit (must supply exam date prior to start of employment)
- If a new graduate Social Worker, must have Licensed Masters Social Worker (LMSW) by the State of New York within 1 year of hire
Join a hospital where employee engagement is at an all-time high. Enjoy competitive compensation along with benefits such as tuition reimbursement, hospital retirement contributions, and financial planning assistance. Start your life-changing journey today.
- #1 in New York, "America's Best Hospitals 2017-2018." - U.S.News & World Report
- 2019 "Best Places to Work: Employee's Choice." - Glassdoor
- 2018 "Employees' Choice: Top CEOs" - Glassdoor
- 2018 “America’s Best Employers.” - Forbes
- 2018 "150 Top Places to Work in Healthcare." - Becker's Healthcare
- 2018 "Top-Rated Work Places: Best Hospitals" - Indeed
Discover why we're #1 in New York and a best employer at: nyp.org/careers
NewYork-Presbyterian Hospital is an equal opportunity employer.