Social Worker Palliative Care _Pediatrics- MSCHONY
LocationNew York, New York
Shift:Day (United States of America)
Social Work Changes Lives: Social Workers Make It Possible
Social Worker -- Pediatric Palliative Care - Day Shift
At NewYork-Presbyterian, social work is a life-changing career journey focused on amazing patient outcomes every step of the way. Each of our social workers dares to be truly excellent – thriving in a compassionate culture of care and caring. Together, we improve the health of patients and their families, making our communities – and the world – stronger.
Experience a place where your discipline is immensely respected. Work with a varied pediatric patient population, and utilize your skills in providing supportive counseling, crisis intervention, and psychosocial evaluation. You’ll coordinate discharge planning and continuum of care for patients and families from across the world. You'll also serve as a valuable resource as you communicate with patients, their families and the highly skilled interdisciplinary team in order to assure excellent outcomes and an outstanding patient experience.
As a Pediatric Palliative Care Social Worker you will:
- Provides comprehensive biopsychosocial assessments for patient and families facing chronic and/or life-limiting conditions
- Utilizes crisis intervention, individual/family counseling, family meetings, psychoeducation, and advocacy in navigating our healthcare system to enhance patient/family’s ability to meet acute as well as ongoing medical and psychosocial needs.
- Advocates for interventions that alleviate burden and facilitate coping for patients and families
- Serves as a resource for patients who need further support for grief and bereavement
This is a day shift, Monday - Friday position with rotating weekend/holiday coverage.
- At least one year of inpatient Medical/Surgical experience
- Master’s Degree in Social Work (MSW)
- New York State License as a Licensed Masters Social Worker (LMSW)
- If a new graduate Social Worker, Limited Permit (must supply exam date prior to start of employment)
- If a new graduate Social Worker, must have Licensed Masters Social Worker (LMSW) by the State of New York within 1 year of hire
Join a hospital where employee engagement is at an all-time high. Enjoy competitive compensation along with benefits such as tuition reimbursement, hospital retirement contributions, and financial planning assistance. Start your life-changing journey today.
- #1 in New York, "America's Best Hospitals 2017-2018." - U.S.News & World Report
- 2018 "Best Places to Work: Employee's Choice." - Glassdoor
- 2018 "Employees' Choice: Top CEOs" - Glassdoor
- 2018 “America’s Best Employers.” - Forbes
- 2018 "150 Top Places to Work in Healthcare." - Becker's Healthcare
- 2018 "Top-Rated Work Places: Best Hospitals" - Indeed
Discover why we're #1 in New York and a best employer at: nyp.org/careers
NewYork-Presbyterian Hospital is an equal opportunity employer.